Bill Barker Death

SR Racing

Bill Barker Death

Post by SR Racing »

Bill Barker (Danny VanFleet's father in law.) owner of the Gomez (Adams Aero FST Car) was killed in an accident on the interstate this weekend. Danny called and advised us.
The Adams is actually in our shop right now for a refresh. I feel really bad after he was just here at the shop last week. His wife was with him and she suffered serious injuries, but is going to recover.

Jim
SR
jb_11

Re: Bill Barker Death

Post by jb_11 »

Jim,

Thanks for posting up. Mom is home now and doing really well, all things considered. She fractured her C2 vertebrae, but it should heal on it's own after several weeks in a C-collar. She also had a few broken ribs, collapsed left lung, and a concussion, but all are healing nicely. We're glad she is home and out of the hospital.

Dad will be sorely missed, especially at the track. He was always my biggest supporter, and I certainly wouldn't have been so involved in vees and racing in general without his influence and knowledge. The vee community always made our family feel right at home and for that we will always be grateful.

-Justin
-JB
P-2 Mark

Post by P-2 Mark »

Justin,

I'm sorry about the loss of your father, but do hope your mother heals quickly!

Mark
GrapeFarmerAl

Post by GrapeFarmerAl »

Justin,

Although we never had the pleasure of meeting your father, please accept our heart felt condolences.

Al & Mary Jane Spadin