Love My Beer!

Dave

Love My Beer!

Post by Dave »

I love my Beer. I always have, that is why I have a hard time making minimum weight. So I made another run of starter drives so you can shed up to 7 lbs. off your starter. This drive will fit Bosch permanent magnet starters. See it at the Run-Offs in row 9 between Mikey the chef and Mikey The June Sprints winner. So enjoy another cold one.
Dave[ external image ]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42527415@N07/3920849627/
Dave

Re: Love My Beer!

Post by Dave »

Sorry the picture didn't post, but the link works. Thank you for all the PM inquiries I think I answered them all. I left many details out of the original post, because I didn't want to deal with it till after the Run-Offs. I wanted to have units available there, as it is looking I will only have several to bring along. Let me answer a few common questions
1- They will fit the Bosch permanent magnet starters and some of Chinese knock offs ( I mounted one up yesterday but have not had a chance to try it on the track so I would not recommend them.)
2- I am selling the drive only. Bob at LRE will have starters and drives .
3- It is about a 10-15minute conversion with common hand tools phillips and straight screw driver 7-8mm socket and a 13mm wrench and hammer.
4- Weights very on these starters, lightest being the Mexican 6.14 lbs, Chinese at 6.76lbs. and Brazilian at 7.76 lbs. Hi Torque at 8.88lbs. stock 6 volt at 13.20 lbs. The Brazilian are the most readily available. These weights are from my counting scale at work so they may be off a oz or two.
5- Price $65 plus freight. The parts are expensive to convert these because I am using two drives to make one.
Mike Vrchota has one on his Vortec stop by and have a look row 9 #287.
Fos

Post by Fos »

PM sent! Have beer! Please help!

Sincerely,
Mark Fosberry
fos1.geo@yahoo.com
Dave

Post by Dave »

Robert has a new Bosch starter for sale on the First site. It is a very good price and can be converted to a 6 volt drive for use on a Vee.