Runoffs race link that will work for Mac

qposner

Runoffs race link that will work for Mac

Post by qposner »

Tomorrow Speedcast will post the Runoffs race. IF anyone is able to get it to work on a Mac, please post how you did it. I would like to be able to watch it. Thanks!
FV80
Site Admin

Re: Runoffs race link that will work for Mac

Post by FV80 »

Quinn,
Check in the FORUMS section (Technical) of the SpeedCastTV site. There are several posts related to operation on Macs and Linix boxes. I think ONE guy got it to work and told how he did it.
Where did you hear that the FV would be available tomorrow? I see NOTHING (Runoffs) new since about last Tuesday. LOTS of new NASA stuff - guess they swing a bigger sword than SCCA.
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
Doug Carter

Post by Doug Carter »

We deconstructed the feed as much as we could and found at least a direct link to the live feed as the races were taking place... it no longer works.

I haven't tried to use that direct link since, but when the delayed streaing videos were released last week, they all worked for me on the Mac—at least in the reduced size version. They are all working fine now in the most current Firefox (running in Leopard), from what I can tell. Better late than never!
qposner

Post by qposner »

FV80 wrote:Quinn,
Check in the FORUMS section (Technical) of the SpeedCastTV site. There are several posts related to operation on Macs and Linix boxes. I think ONE guy got it to work and told how he did it.
Where did you hear that the FV would be available tomorrow? I see NOTHING (Runoffs) new since about last Tuesday. LOTS of new NASA stuff - guess they swing a bigger sword than SCCA.
Steve
Steve,

Thanks for the info.

The Speecast site said it was going to post all of the Saturday Runoff races on Oct 11. While I havent checked yet, it sounds like they will be up today.

Quinn
qposner

Post by qposner »

qposner

Post by qposner »

Also, works fine on my Mac. It would, however, be nice to be able to slow down, skip ahead, pause, etc. Cant do that with the way it is set up now.
VORT94

Post by VORT94 »

Qposner, Didn't you have a phone related computer that you were going to try at the runoffs? If so how did it work?
Thanks Nuby
qposner

Post by qposner »

VORT94 wrote:Qposner, Didn't you have a phone related computer that you were going to try at the runoffs? If so how did it work?
Thanks Nuby
I didnt run it at RA since I tried it at Portland a few times (2 different programs actually) and the GPS radio in the iPhone was to weak to pick up the signal. I actually installed it for one of the sessions, but for some reason I couldnt get it to work (user error) and just decided to work on the corners (although I only ended up with 1 full session on Thursday to actually learn the track at speed). The programs them selves are prety cool. You just need a stronger GPS. You can run them on Palm phones, iPhones or Android based phones. You can also add an external GPS (which may be much stronger than the iPhone based GPS) if your phone doesn't have one.

Here is one of the programs that looks to be the best:

http://web.me.com/hschlangmann/LapTimer ... /Home.html

I will try it more next year, although with child #2 on the way, I won't be racing quite as much the next year or two.