SR Racing

Re: WTB: oil block for oil cooler

Post by SR Racing »

We do. :lol:

Jim
mdf27

Post by mdf27 »

:-) ya I was just throwing it out there to see if there were any used ones kicking around( you know recycle haha ) Looks like I will be calling you soon Jim.

Mark
Dietmar
Site Admin

Post by Dietmar »

Mark:

Message sent
Dietmar
brian

Post by brian »

Anyone who runs this setup should be considering a reinforcement bracket to prevent cracking of the engine case caused by the extra weight and vibration coming from the extra weight hung on the cooler tabs.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
VORT94

Post by VORT94 »

I have one that mounts the oil cooler horizontal instead of vertical. Bought from this site without asking questions - it is for a Lazer style car. $15.00 plus shipping. Bob
Edward Schubert

Post by Edward Schubert »

check your PM
Ed Schubert
Zink/Citation 18B
edschubert@live.com
757-692-1181
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

brian wrote:Anyone who runs this setup should be considering a reinforcement bracket to prevent cracking of the engine case caused by the extra weight and vibration coming from the extra weight hung on the cooler tabs.
Do you know how much weight that is? Not even worth considering. I have never seen or heard of one breaking the tabs. The only tabs I have ever seen broke were from someone over tightening and that was on a bypass unit not a manifold block. FV's have been using them for years on many models. Not an issue.
remmers

Post by remmers »

Actually converting my Protoform to that setup over the winter. Along with a different cooling system entirely. as I have a spare body and enough free time on my hands and desire to squeeze a little bit more from the car. Look for me to have a setup similar to the Caracal D when it's all said and done... Hopefully...
VORT94

Post by VORT94 »

Ed Schubert, I f your see PM message was to me I did not receive it. My email address is; nuby@krswerd.com Thanks
Edward Schubert

Post by Edward Schubert »

PM was sent to mdf27
Ed Schubert
Zink/Citation 18B
edschubert@live.com
757-692-1181
mdf27

Post by mdf27 »

I am also looking for the larger 8 row vw oil cooler if anyone has one of those as well.

Thanks
Mark
mdf27

Post by mdf27 »

Found 1 thanks Interchange!