shipping engine

fv50fv

shipping engine

Post by fv50fv »

need to ship an engine to ca.from n.y. what carrier does this at a fair price? need to find someone asap email: thetackleshop@aol.com
SR Racing

Re: shipping engine

Post by SR Racing »

Truck is the best way, since air carriers won't usually touch them any more. Standard tariff rate from NY to CA is going to be over well over $500 for 200lbs in a typical engine crate. We ship a lot so we get discounts ~50%. If I were you, I would try to find a shipper that gets discounts in your area and ship using his account number. (If you can.) There are some types of shippers that have better tariffed rates. (Greyhound might be a better deal.)
Terry Abbott

Post by Terry Abbott »

try freightquote.com pretty good deals

Terry
Terry Abbott
2- Vector FV's
Dietmar
Site Admin

Post by Dietmar »

Might try http://www.freightcenter.com

They will ask you all kinds of questions, so be prepared with shipping info- size, class ( 70-used VW engine-crated, dry) weight ,where it is going, phone number. Do you have a dock or are you dropping off at a terminal. Is it going to a business with a dock or to a terminal . They will give you several shippers to chose from. Should run about $200-230 terminal to terminal if you do not need a lift.

Hope this helps
Dietmar
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

This brings up something I need to get rid of - I have one of the fiberglass shipping crates that will handle a vee motor from clutch to carb. I've had it for years and would like to get the space back. It's not perfect, but not broken up either. I can bring it to the Runoffs if someone wants to make me an offer and pick it up there ... just don't make me bring it back home :mrgreen:

I can get pix if you want, but it's just like all the others (pretty much).
Make me an offer...
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
satterley_sr

Post by satterley_sr »

Try enginesdirect.com. Very reasonable rates.

Dave