Summit Point July 17. 18 & 19

FV80
Site Admin

Re: Summit Point July 17. 18 & 19

Post by FV80 »

pillowmeto wrote:...As proof, I offer this picture....
Yeah ...but those are just FF's and Spec Wreckers - they don't really count in the FV world :mrgreen:

And... besides, the water is only about 2" DEEP - wouldn't affect a Vee hardly at ALL :-)
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
Bill Carroll

Post by Bill Carroll »

We did have a flood Friday so the advice was good to have, I camped on the high ground in the woods so all my rain ran into the F2000 area. Had a great weekend, got my vee wet and muddy friday, had some great racing with Matt, Steve, Ed, Dave and Doug. Sat and Sunday was a ton of fun and I learned a lot, thanks to all you guys who gave me advice. I will try to return the favor at the Shenandoah course next month. Sunday D13's finished 1st and 2nd!
Bill Carroll

Post by Bill Carroll »

Practice Firday, what a great group of people to race with I enjoyed the bull sessions after tha runs as much as racing! Thanks for the help, hope to see you all and more in August.
(Corrected name and cars, sorry)
Sat
Qualifier:
1. Matt Hayes 1:33.662 pole by win
2. Dave Thomson 1:33.854
3. Doug McLellen 1:35.990
4. Steve McWilliams 1:36.092
5. Bill Carroll 1:36.605
6. DNS Ed Impink , blew oil filter gasket seized engine in carousel

Race Finish in order: Dave (Citation?), Bill (Caldwell D13), Doug (Caracal), Steve (Vista C), Matt (Caldwell D13)-DNS broken header), Ed- don't know what his car is.

Sun.
Qualifier:
Steve 1:33.540 pole by win
Matt 1:33.487
Dave 1:33.554
Bill 1:35.234
Doug 1:36.360

Race Finish in order: Matt (Caldwell D13), Bill (Caldwell D13), Doug, Dave, (Steve DNS clutch)
Last edited by Bill Carroll on July 21st, 2009, 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steven McWilliams JR

Post by Steven McWilliams JR »

Great weekend guys, I just put a couple of videos of the Sun. Practice on youtube, and Matt's View of Sunday race, which I think was the best view of us, just search
FRCCA, Summit Point, etc.
- the "One of a couple from Ski" is a Vista C by the way. I saw Paul there, but didn't get a chance to speak to him.
- The Clutch was sure frustrating, waiting to get sent out on the so-called "clear track" by the Karts heated up my clutch, I was sitting in 1st gear waiting to go, trying to keep the engine cool, and it just heated up too much, and wouldn't disengage.
- poor dave ran out of gas, or lost his fuel pickup, but was able to run in the 31's. Matt did great with a 1:30:066.
-The weekend was a blast, I cut 6.5 seconds off my time from Friday to the Sunday 6 lap Sprint, which was really cool,(thanks Matt and Dave) I ran with toe-out all Sunday, and my left front tire was almost transparent into the bladder under the tire, but I Matt let me use his for the Sprint, which turned out pretty well!
-Thanks to John, he and his wife did a great job running the event, and of course Dave and Matt helping me get the line right, and one hell of a race, and Bill and Doug were great to race with too.
Steven McWilliams Jr.
Crew: #92 1986 Reynard SF2000
Driver: #19 1992 Vista C
#15 ITA Honda Civic Si
pillowmeto

Post by pillowmeto »

Bill Carroll wrote: 6. DNS Bernard Bradpeice, blew oil filter gasket seized engine in carousel

Race Finish in order: Dave (Citation?), Bill (Caldwell D13), Doug (Caracal), Steve (Vista C), Matt (Caldwell D13)-DNS broken header), Bernard (Ed)- don't know what his car is.

That was Ed Impink. His car is a one off that he made, though it has some Citation body panels.

That was a great weekend. I am glad I could help. Steve, we should take some time at or before the next race and set your car up properly.

After the Sunday 20 lap race I had a flat spot on the front right that went through two layers of fabric. The video of the Sunday 20 lap did not come out. The video when I went way out in 10 also failed (well, I forgot to turn the camera on).

The Sunday 6 lap video shows my wheels behind Dave's at the finish, but the results show me ahead. The best I can guess is that my transponder was farther forward or my nose is longer.

That was a great weekend and I am glad I could help you guys.
Bill Carroll

Post by Bill Carroll »

Must be that big D13 nose! I don't know how you had any tires not flat spotted, I braked in your tire smoke in 1 and five all race!
Thanks for all your help, that special grease you let me use really paid off, I hope I can retrun the favor, maybe at Shenandoah next month.