Racepak data acquistion

brian

Racepak data acquistion

Post by brian »

Is anyone using a G2X Racepak system on a vee? I would like to discuss tach signals if anyone has this system.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
Matt King

Re: Racepak data acquistion

Post by Matt King »

I don't have a Racepak, but I do have experience with garbage RPM data from a couple of AIM systems with inductive ignition systems, if that is your problem. AIM makes a tach signal filter that essentially turns the dirty signal off the coil into a square wave and really cleans up the signal. If you are having this proble, I'd see if Racepak has something similar. I'm currently using a clip on inductive RPM pickup on my Vee and it's really bad, so I may need to use a filter on it too.
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

Brian,

Call me. If Racepack doesn't have something, I can walk you through building a simple filter with diode(s) and resistor.
brian

Post by brian »

Thanks guys. All the DA outfits have issues with our antiquated and noisy ignitions. Add the complication of GPS and it gets even worse. We've tried several inline filters with marginal success. I checked out the AIM filter but it won't work with a GPS based system.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
hardingfv32-1

Post by hardingfv32-1 »

Of coarse this all comes about because we are one of the last engines in racing not using an electronic ignition. The engineers designing the DA circuits have no idea that someone actually uses such old technology.

If you really want to nail this issue, switch to a crank trigger for the DA system.

Brian