Citation oil cooler

wroché29

Citation oil cooler

Post by wroché29 »

I saw a picture once (don't remember where) of a "cool air box" for under a Citation's tail. I think it was made of polycarbonate and had an oil cooler mount. If memory serves me correctly (rarely); someone was making and selling them.

I use a filter / cooling block and have been tossing around the idea of going to a remote filter and cooler set-up. Any info would be appreciated...
Bill Roché
Citation XTC41
Team FootShoot partner
hardingfv32-1

Re: Citation oil cooler

Post by hardingfv32-1 »

"under a Citation's tail".... Does this mean under the transmission or under the rear body work? Say above the flywheel?

Brian
wroché29

Post by wroché29 »

Just below the rear cowl, between the roll hoop and the front of the bell housing, above the manifold.
Bill Roché
Citation XTC41
Team FootShoot partner
jmattox

Post by jmattox »

Just be careful with the oil lines to the remote filter. "Somebody" swapped ours and we starved the engine of oil. Pressure was shown on gauge because of where we were reading it. Engine ran fine until the rod bearings started to wear (1 weekend @ Sebring ). We replaced the bearings and went to Daytona for 2 laps and a tow truck ride. :roll:

John (sometimes crewchief, sometimes driver) fv42
fv31

Post by fv31 »

this is the set up i have on my car. i have very clear pics on my home computer that i can send you to show you how it is set up. it requires replumbing the oil pump and a remote filter mount at the front of the engine. the cooler sets directly behind the carb and plumbs in and out of a block on the top of the engine. it's not the box set up you are talking about, but it sounds similar. i built the air ducting out of sheet aluminum.

i'd be glad to send the pics to you....however, it will be sometime next week. i leave directly from work for kershaw this afternoon. email me at shooter31 at aol. put formula vee in the subject line so i don't toss you on the scrap heap of spam.

bill
fv31
brian

Post by brian »

Jim Ryder from Cen div had a really nice set up. Bob Lybarger could point you his way.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.