1993 Predator

Steven McWilliams JR

1993 Predator

Post by Steven McWilliams JR »

Hi everyone, I am Steven McWilliams Jr, and am 15 years old. I've been working on my Dads continental for most of my life. I just bought a Predator Chassis built by Steve Cole in 1993. It is built to accomodate a man of great stature for a racecar (over 6 feet and over 220) I am 5'11 and 180 so I don't need the extra room. the car has a complete front end, but once you look past the steering wheel, the frame is bare. I need to buy a rear axle with brakes, and monoshock suspension. I am also looking for a body. I have 2 1200cc engines so all I need is the plumbing. the chassis is brand new and has never been used.

I also bought a 1972 Z-Bar Formula Vee from the same man. I am not sure of the manufacturer, but it was built in New Zealand. I am not looking to covert this to SCCA Spec, but I use it as a solo vee as it has an already installed 1500cc engine. I pick the cars up on Saturday.

By the way I got the two cars, extra parts, and a single axle trailer with electric brakes all for 1500, so it was a steal, but it will definately be some work. I am hoping to get the car done by the WDCR Drivers school in April, which might be a stretch.

Any suggestions and comments would be great. I will try to post pictures as the built continues and get feedback and comments on my work.

Thanks
Steven McWilliams Jr.
Crew: #92 1986 Reynard SF2000
Driver: #19 1992 Vista C
#15 ITA Honda Civic Si
Matt

Re: 1993 Predator

Post by Matt »

Steve

I have a zero roll supension setup from my predator if you need some parts.

I also know of a guy that may still have some of my body parts and he may also have some from his predator.

Contact me is you want more info.

Matt
FV61
Rickydel

Post by Rickydel »

Welcome Steven,

Reading your post brought me back a bunch of years. My dad and mom both raced vees. They bought their first when I was 8 years old, and I wrenched on them until they quit racing when they had four kids in college. OK, enough of the flashback.

I think you should get in touch with a veteran vee driver from your region. Let him/her know what tracks you anticipate racing on, and find out what transmission you ought to put in the car. The big differences are the third gear and final drive. While you could use any of the combinations for any track while learning, it'll be one other hassle to obtain the proper box later. Of course, many regions will dictate needing more than one tranny setup.

Good luck and don't hesitate to use this forum as a resource. It will save you a lot of time and frustration by learning from other's mistakes/experience.
Steven McWilliams JR

Post by Steven McWilliams JR »

Thanks Ricky, I have many good drivers and many good, veteran drivers in my region. I contacted Paul Czanski (I think that's how his name is spelled) and he has the bodywork and rear suspension. He is one of the lead builders in the region and fields the new Womer W3. He also had a car in the RunOffs. He is going to to bes selling me the short box and shock peices.
Thanks for your feedback,
Steven
Steven McWilliams Jr.
Crew: #92 1986 Reynard SF2000
Driver: #19 1992 Vista C
#15 ITA Honda Civic Si
GT6

Post by GT6 »

Hello all, I've got an 85 Predator P3 and would like the contact info for anyone who has parts for these cars. Body and trailing arms most important.

You can PM through the forum or e-mail at solarant@hotmail.com

Thanks, Anthony.
Anthony Parker
NER, NED, SCCA