FV Party Info

f clark

Re: FV Party Info

Post by f clark »

Good Morning,
Well the 45th FV party is history,I have seen, and been in a lot of great FV races in 40 years and the Brundage cup race goes down as one of the best. I think most will agree with that.
ALL DRIVERS who ran the Brundage Cup final have a cash award coming, if you did not pick it up at the track before you left PLEASE contact Nancy mcDonald at ismine@comcast.net or me at clarkfv@bellsouth. net and we will get it to you. PLEASE NOTE this offer will not last for ever so lets say by the first of May it will end and we will put yours back in the pile and use it to pay bills.
Mark Weber is creatring a CD of the event for all entrents so look for that in the next few weeks, copies will be aviable but I don't know the process quite yet, I'll let you all know when I know.
THANKS AGAIN TO ALL, More later
Fred Clark
caracal76

Post by caracal76 »

Thanks to Fred, Nancy, the Buccaneer Region, and all the workers and folks who helped put this show/race/history lesson together! Fantastic!

Anyone know how James Vaseff is doing?
Anthony (actually the Caracal 17-red)

"When you're racing it's...it's life. Anything that happens before or after - it's just waiting."
-Steve McQueen, "LeMans"

"Screw second!"
-Burt Reynolds, "Stroker Ace"
noblerace

Post by noblerace »

Hi Crew,

I've got to agree with Fred, the 3 heat races and the Brundage Cup race were possibly the very best races I've ever seen or competed in! And unqualifiedly, the event was the most fun I've had at a race track. It was a blast from start to finish. Congratulations to Jeremy for winning this prestigeous race.

Ray Caldwell is a national treasure, anyone who can throw Bruce McLaren's name around with casual abandon is a-okay with me. Nancy McDonald is a gem of a race chair. Tom Stephani did a great job emceeing Saturday night as could be desired. It was fabulous to have Bruce Foss to ourselves and not to have to share his good company with any other classes. And as for Fred Clark, I alternately felt sorry for him as every person there seemed to be in ihis pit with a question or suggestion or comment for him and then proud of him and the Buccaneer Region to have taken on the event and carried it off for the class in such high style.

There will also be a DVD of video from different parts of the event offered soon. I can't wait.

Livin' the life,
Lisa
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

caracal76 wrote:...Anyone know how James Vaseff is doing?
Jim got back to the track from the hospital just fine - no real problems, but they had drugged him up a bit and he really didn't feel too well anyway...
Charlie Roger's dad (also of the same name) drove Jim's truck (with car in tow) back to his home in Stockbridge and Jim was able to drive himself home from there (only about 30 minutes or so). Got a follow up email from Jim, so he is feeling OK - except in the wallet area :-).

Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
jrv

Post by jrv »

Tony,

Steve gave a good report.

I have four corners to replace , a front beam, and have to figure out how to get the rear pick-ups in the right place and a new back piece for the trans.

My biggest disappointment was in qualifying for the Brundage Cup and not being able to run in it!

I started out on Friday having my tow vehicle and race car towed back to Atlanta and then getting an old pick up to get to Roebling, 14 hours total. Kind of like the "Road Runner" cayote.

It was great fun. One of the locals said we should have a Vee event each year. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Everyone helped me get packed and out at the end. Vee people are a great community.

See you out there.

Jim
noblerace

Post by noblerace »

Hi Crew,
Here is a link for some photos from Duke Waldrop, the newest FV driver! He just picked up his car at the Birthday Party and was proud to send us some photos of the event.

http://picasaweb.google.com/DukeWaldrop ... e4og3HLwYY

Lisa
gurleygurl

Post by gurleygurl »

Hi all,

Just a shout out to see if anyone can tell me who the photographer is that was going around selling the photos with the "Formula Vee 45th Birthday" on them. The college I attend wants to do a write up and they would like to use the photo he took of me on the track. Wanted to try and get in touch with him to see if he could send it to me in digital format.

If someone could post his contact info or even e-mail me with it that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Also wanted to say thanks to all those who put together such a great weekend. It was my first time back in the car after a 20 month layoff and I couldn't think of a better event to have gotten back in the car for. Wow, what a great history lesson.....makes me feel proud to own and race a Formula Vee. 8) 8) 8) 8)
russstalvey

Post by russstalvey »

Hi Gurlygurl.

You could try posting an email to the track managers at Roebling. I believe that you can get that email address at the Roebling Road website. The gentleman and his wife who come to the track and take pictures are pretty tight with the track folks. As a matter of fact the wife (who develops the pictures) was helping the people out in the snack counter on Saturday. Good luck and hopefully he hasn't trashed his pictures already.

It was great seeing you back at the track and look forward to you beating me real soon.

My thanks also for the orginizers of the event, Fred Clark and Nancy McDonald worked their tails off (for many months)along with many others. Stewards, Corner Workers, Paddock workers, Tech workers......too many specialties to list. Thanks all.

It was also impressive to see so many come from such a great distance. From many areas of the country and even Canada. One person, Paul Tucker, came all the way from Adalaide Australia and he even brought his own pit crew member. Impressive indeed.

It is great to be a Vee driver and know that when you get to the track.....in most all cases, you will actually have a tough race.
jrv

Post by jrv »

Gurleygirl,

The photographer is:

Roger Schleicher
PO Box 1993
Venice, FL 34284
(941) 485-3068

His work is digital, he may be able to email a photo for publication.

Jim Vaseff
Yellow 05
gurleygurl

Post by gurleygurl »

Russ,

It was great to be back......not sure about beating you anytime soon(if ever), but it sure would be nice to keep you guys in sight. I know it will come, I left alot on the track.

Jim,

Hope your doing well, my husband saw the accident as I was on the track. Glad you got home ok and hope to see you on the track soon. Thanks so much for the info. I will give him a call.
FV90

Post by FV90 »

I am hearing Mark Weber did the drivers birthday pic at the S/F line - do we have a contact for him?
jrv

Post by jrv »

gurleygurl wrote:Russ,

It was great to be back......not sure about beating you anytime soon(if ever), but it sure would be nice to keep you guys in sight. I know it will come, I left alot on the track.

Jim,

Hope your doing well, my husband saw the accident as I was on the track. Glad you got home ok and hope to see you on the track soon. Thanks so much for the info. I will give him a call.
Could your husband share any information on my going off? I just remember avoiding a car about two up in the line that started to spin and headed driver's right. I went left and then he started to go left as well. I do not recall hearing or feeling any bump. The movie stopped there.

Thank you.

Jim Vaseff
gurleygurl

Post by gurleygurl »

Jim,

What Richard saw was what you describe up to the point of impact, he says you then touched wheels and launched off one of the cars, went upside down, landed upside down and then rolled to an upright position. He says it appeared you were knocked out as you did not move for quite some time. He says he is glad your doing ok.

Christine
jrv

Post by jrv »

Christine,

Thank you and your husband for the report. I am getting the car back together now.

Jim
Ed Womer

Post by Ed Womer »

Sorry this is late but since I went to work on Monday after driving 10 hours to get home and 1 hour in bed and then having to get ready to come here to VIR which seemed to go in slow motion because of being a little worn out.
I also want to graciously thank Fred Clark and everyone who put together the event! It was a great event even if it did rain a little. Never having been to Robling Road before, I was very impressed with the track. Not having to shift gears was a nice treat. Also thanks to Jeremy for winning the Brundage cup in a brand new first time on the track Womer! It was 10 laps of great racing with the fastest vee's in the country. As soon as I get a chance I will make a copy of my in car footage and get it to Grimes since he said he can get it on the web.

Lisa, who is putting together the DVD? I can send them a DVD of the race if they want to include some of my in car. No Jeremy didn't hit me when he made that pass but I did check to see if the dust cap was still there after I got home.

Ed
f clark

Post by f clark »

Good Morning Ed and Everyone,
Sorry I forgot to mention about the DVD, it is being put together by Mark Weber the phptographer that has shot most all of the previous parties, he was in attentence from Thursday on. It will come to all ENTRENTS by US mail, and it is FREE OF CHARGE, you paid for it as part of your entry fee.
Mark said the disc will be completed and mailed in about 2 to 3 weeks if all goes well, so be paitent they will be arriving soon.
Thanks again to all who came to RRR and participated in this great event ,Nancy and I thank you all, or should I say "Yaall"
Fred Clark
sccafoolishrat

Post by sccafoolishrat »

Jim,
Chuck Stanley here, I was asking Stevan Davis this past weekend (at VIR) about you, if he knew you and if so were you recovered from the off. He said he did and that yes, you were ok. I was relieved for sure. I was the worker who got to you first and knew before I could cross track you were not moving in the car. Once I could get to you as the last car passed it was quickly confirmed and I called immediately for an ambulance and received confirmation crew on the way. As I was doing my mental checklist for you I knew you were breathing, and that was a good thing 8) You came to rather quickly, I would say 15 seconds after I got there, but as expected you were a tad confused to my questions. I knew you were stable in the car and I kept you that way till the ambulance crew arrived. I quickly briefed them while trading positions in keeping you stable, then I got out of their way. That crew was fantastic, I wish they were cloned to other tracks I work. I also initially noticed in my mental checklist you had some black marks on your helmet that I would not know if were there before, just part of the checklist. I relayed that info on to the arriving ambulance crew, but cannot say how they actually got there if during that incident. I saw two or three cars spinning in advance of you, then you were up in the air in a single barrel roll as I remembered it. I was very glad initially you came down upright, but I knew immediately you had taken a hard hit and you weren't moving.
I have been there, I raced Vees myself from 1978 - 1992 and had the unfortunate experience of multiple rolls in a single incident at Sebring. I was lucky in that I remained fully coherent and had the pleasure of seeing all 4 corners ripped off and every piece of body work leave the car. I hope you get yours back in shape and back out there.
As I mentioned above, the ambulance crew performed flawlessly, I singled them out later in the day and Thanked them for being there and how well they performed.
Hope to see you on our happy trails again soon, and especially glad to hear you are doing better. Take care.
Chuck Stanley
NCR F&C Chief (former) - glad to be just working now :lol:
jrv

Post by jrv »

Chuck,

Thank you very much for your note and report. I think I may have bumped my head on the way up because I cannot recall anything else at the track!

I want to thank you, all other corner workers and the EMT crew for their work. It is nice to know that dedicated and very competent people are there to help all of us. I cannot thank you enough.

I just did some fiberglass work yesterday; there was very little damage to the glass. All four corners need replacement plus the rear pickup needs significant work.

Where did you race in the '70s? I was in NCR from '75 to about '78 when we moved to DC. We lived in Concord, NC and I raced a Vee, best known as "The Papier Mache Special" for its homebuilt fiberglass.

I will look for you at the next event I can get to, maybe the Roebling SARRC at the end of April.

Once again, thank you Chuck.

Jim Vaseff
sccafoolishrat

Post by sccafoolishrat »

I started my racing in California, moved to S. Fla. in 1982. I raced a Beach 5C which I still have. It was the Beach that got tore up at Sebring, took me 6 years to rebuild it myself. During that time I bought a Lynx B which I loved, still wish I had it, and just posted in another area here on this site in case someone can locate the current owner if the car is still being raced or know where it is. I had a possible lead I may see it at the BDay party but that did not prove an accurate lead. Had to stop racing in 1992 due to work taking over my time with constant travel, never went after my comp license. I have worked F&C since 1982 while racing also, but since 92 only worked. Getting a tad old to be moving around very fast, but I can still perform to a small degree so I will keep going till I have to just sit :roll:
Anyway, my home track is primarily VIR so I will keep looking for you up there with an open invitation. Everyone up there knows who I am, most want to forget, but if you ask they will point me out to you and ask maybe if there is room you can take me home .... :lol: Take care, and again I hated the situation around our initial meeting, but I am so very glad you are doing well and will be back on the track soon. Looking forward to talking to you next time and sharing a pop.
Chuck
Greg Davis

Post by Greg Davis »

Fred, The DVD is a great surprise and puts an exclamation point on you and your organizing crew's administration of the Party. My wife and I had a great time meeting new friends and hooking up with old one's, and the racing was great, even though my engine was down on power a bit (Hey, I've got to come up with some excuse!). Really enjoyed Roebling Road and wish it was a bit closer. It was fun to leave it in 4th gear and left foot brake to help "steer"around the track. Also, I appreciate your coming over to where we were paddocked and giving the car it's annual - doesn't get any more convenient than that! Once again, thank you, Nancy and the many others who helped put on this event.
f clark

Post by f clark »

Hi Greg,
Mark Weber is one of the best race car photographers around, since he has been at most of the other parties we though it would only be right to include him in this one.
He mentioned to me the other day that he took 2200 plus pictures that weeekend, I don't think I have taken that many in my entire life!
We have been getting positive feed back on the party from all, Nancy is a real prize and really put her heart and soul into this thing, i'm glad you and everyone enjoyed it.
The Buccaneer region is one of few regions that own there own race track, and we are proud to say it is a CLUB Racing type of track, I hope we can repeat the event in 5 years.
Thanks again for coming down and please don't be a stranger.
ON TO FIFTY!
Fred Clark
sccafoolishrat

Post by sccafoolishrat »

Fred, do you know if the DVD will be available as a purchase, to those of us interested but were not drivers? Having raced myself in the 25th (behind you of course), crewed in the 30th and now returned working for the 45th I would like to purchase one if possible.
f clark

Post by f clark »

Hi Chuck,
Plans were for the disc to be aviable direct from Mark Weber, when it was completed, I'll get to work and check on this, as soon as I have info I'll let you know.
I'm still looking for info on your Lynx, I remembr it but, I just haven't found the right guy yet.
Fred
sccafoolishrat

Post by sccafoolishrat »

Thanks Fred on the reply, and also the search.... I had a really good time down to Roebling for the Party and looking forward to the 50th. It was great seeing racing buddies of my past, I look forward to seeing you again soon.... Love to have you come up to our neck of the woods, VIR.... When you do, let me know in advance....
Chuck
f clark

Post by f clark »

FV Birthday Party CD discs are in the mail, according to Mark Weber.
All FV party Entrents should recive one, FOC,if you need more or information about the one you recive or You were not an entrent and want one anyway, I belive he said they would be $25.00 us, contact Mark Weber at markweberracer@aol.com his address is 823 Edna Ave. St Louis Mo. 63122
by phone its 314-822-3459
There are some great shots on the CD I would be intrested to know how you folks like it.
Rob Ashlely has the Tee Shirts that were speical ordered on the way as well.
Thanks again to everyone, Drivers, workers,officals speical guests etc for makeing this a Great Formula VEE Event.
ON TO 50
Nancy McDonald ,Race Chairman
Fred Clark, Nancy's helper
Last edited by f clark on June 20th, 2008, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.