Brthday Party Test Day

BD Party Chairman

Brthday Party Test Day

Post by BD Party Chairman »

Great News! Through the generosity of Hoosier Tires and Bruce Foss, Friday April 4, 2008 will be a free test day open to all participants for the Formula Vee Birthday Party. Please plan on coming out for testing on Friday followed by two great days of track and bench racing!(Groupings to follow)
Jon R

Re: Brthday Party Test Day

Post by Jon R »

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I don't EVER recall a free test day... how great is this! To all the people at Hoosier Tires and to Bruce Foss, a special, Thank You!
Greg Davis

Post by Greg Davis »

Is there any pre-registration for attending?
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

Nothing is ever free .... certainly test days ..... but atleast there is no entry fee. :lol:

Thankyou Hoosier :lol:

Perhaps a trivial matter, but I am trying to book time off and make travel plans. It would be nice to know if track entry will not start until Friday morning or if there will be entry on Thursday or Thursday PM. If someone in the know could comment, it would be appreciated. Thanks!
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
Jon R

Post by Jon R »

It would be nice to know if track entry will not start until Friday morning or if there will be entry on Thursday or Thursday PM.
Good point problemchild, I towed 18 hours to Mid-Ohio only to have track security turn me around at the gate. I was so miffed that I started the trip back to Minnesota. It took my wife and best friend the better part of an hour to calm me down and get me to go to a motel. Thursday PM entry would be a HUGE benefit.
cendiv37

Post by cendiv37 »

I've deleted my original post. Greg's comment below is appropriate, and I should not have hijacked the thread in that direction. Jon's comment hit a nerve. Sorry.

Hoosier's sponsorship of the test day is a great contribution to the FV community. I hope I can make it there to take advantage of it!
Last edited by cendiv37 on February 15th, 2008, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce
cendiv37
problemchild

Re: Birthday Party Test Day

Post by problemchild »

My comments certainly were not ment as a complaint .... just something that is probably important to many of us .... but down the long priority list for the volunteer organizers. It is most likely a track matter, but hopefully someone can determine the timeline and pass it along to us. It does not really matter to me other than I would like to know so I can plan accordingly.
Cheers!

PS .... Perhaps somebody could start a thread or post a report (the FV website) about the nuances of the various tracks and entry policies. After racing for so long, I know enough to ask alot of questions before going to a facilty that is new to me. For example, anybody going to Lime Rock will need a notebook to keep track of all the goofy rules. My favorite is that they don't let you weigh your car once the racing starts .... but you cannot start your race car until the 5 min call for the first race .... and most of the paddock is 1/2 mile away and downhill from the scales. Hmmm.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
fv195

Post by fv195 »

Roebling Road requires that you have a 10lbs fire ex. in your pit space, in plain sight. they were checking for them at the school! not a bad idea, but if you don't know, it might be hard to find one. get it before you leave for the track. and they have rules about what time is quiet time, no race engines. I have a very short trip compaired to some, but I would like to get in Thurs. night
THOR
Jon R

Post by Jon R »

Sorry, I didn't mean to hit any nerves or ruffle any feathers. The Mid-Ohio issue was more my fault than anyones... I should have checked in advance. Also, that was about 20 years ago... I had a few sharper edges back then than I do now.

Thanks for the heads up on the pit extinguisher. I normally do that anyway, but I have forgotten it a couple of times.

Jon
f clark

Post by f clark »

Information on the FREE Friday test day Sponsered by Hoosier Tire is in the Vee Party Info section here within. If you are going to be there to test please read this post.
thanks
Fred
f clark

Post by f clark »

PLEASE MAKE A NOTE;
There are TWO (2) minor ,but importent changes, to the FREE HOOSIER SPONSERED test day event.
1. The track will open at 7:00AM on Friday instead of 6:30 ,this is Friday only.
2. The track Public Address system can not be used untill 8:00 am ( again a county noise abaitement law) so we ask that you gather at the tech shed at 7:30 anyway we just won't be able to anouncement it by the PA.
Thanks
Fred Clark
fv195

Post by fv195 »

will we have to go through tech before we can do test day? just bought new car, had 07 annaul so I'm sure it will pass.
THOR
FV70
f clark

Post by f clark »

Thor:
No Tech needed for the test day, Tech for the event opens on Friday night after the test day is over.
Fred
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

I doubt very much that I will make it for 8.00 on Firiday but will try to make it sometime during the day.
What will be the procedure for car's arriving through the day and joining the testing?
Thanks!
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
f clark

Post by f clark »

Its a long way from where you are, great that your coming,.
IF there are cars running when you arrive you will have to wait to cross the track, As soon as you cross track stop at the TECH shed on your right and register , go find a place to unload and join in.
Looks looks like 3 to 4 groups, Vintage, FST , 2 groups of current Vee's, it all depends on who show's up.
See you there.
Fred
vistaracer

Post by vistaracer »

Fred,
Will the Historic group run with the Vintage group on Friday? Since we are down to only 5 cars, I assume that we will not have our own group, so who will we be running with on Saturday and Sunday?

Lynn
WestWind Performance
f clark

Post by f clark »

HI Lynn,
The Monoposto group is here in force because we promised them a race by themselves,
There is plenty of time in the event for your group to also run by themselves, the lone super vee will run with you and if the stewards arn't happy with that I will run with you and I can get some of the "not so serious " monoposto cars to switch over.
Like I said there is plenty of time to do this, and the Chief Steward is " user friendly" so I think it will work out.
Fred
Akula23

Post by Akula23 »

Fred,

I didn't see the answer to an earlier question - will we be able to enter the paddock on Thusday evening to get set up for Friday?

Thanks,
Charlie
Let's go Racin'!
f clark

Post by f clark »

Hi Charlie,
tracks open at 12 to 1 it reopens at 3 during the workers break for about 15 min and from 5 to 10 Thursday evening.
Fred