PROMO DVD Project Status Report

kevin willmorth

PROMO DVD Project Status Report

Post by kevin willmorth »

November 23, 2007
As of today, there have been 10 contributors to the project, producing a fund of $210 toward direct expenses. Thank you to the following generous individuals!

Quinn Posner
Daniel Grace
Robert VanDyke
Stephen Saslow
Greg Rice
Thomas Pape
Ray Phillips
Bruce Livermore
Gary Blanarik
Hal Adkins

I have also revieved a 1987 Vintage photo from Steve Davis - which is excellent, as many have already seen.

I was also sent a 25 minute DVD .wmv in-car file from Leroy Coppedge of a National Race at Thunder Hill that is outstanding and shows what real racing is like! Makes F1 look like a parade in comparison.

I have some other leads, but this is the extent of the content so far. Please gather up what you have and get it to me as soon as you are able!

Thanks to all who have contributed so far!

I will post a status report at least weekly, or when an event warrants. Let's have some fun with this and make it happen!

Thanks again!
SR Racing

Re: PROMO DVD Project Status Report

Post by SR Racing »

Donation from SR Racing submitted via Paypal.
kevin willmorth

I have a couple of videos and a few photos contriuted so far. Enough to get started. Thanks to everyone who has sent me content!

The last couple weeks have been consumed by work and a trip to the PRI show. I will get started on a rough cut soon, using what I have. More as it develops.
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Kevin,
I'm trying to get a couple other Vee drivers over here so we can do a video showing 3 different cars at once. It should provide some good info - ... *IF* we can get it done. I'll let you know as soon as we have something. It'll probably be on 8mm compact video cassette tape unless you need me to try to convert it to something else. I could PROBABLY figure a way to get it on DVD, but it would lose resolution.
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
kevin willmorth

FV80 wrote:Kevin,
I'm trying to get a couple other Vee drivers over here so we can do a video showing 3 different cars at once. It should provide some good info - ... *IF* we can get it done. I'll let you know as soon as we have something. It'll probably be on 8mm compact video cassette tape unless you need me to try to convert it to something else. I could PROBABLY figure a way to get it on DVD, but it would lose resolution.
Steve
Way cool. Get me what you have in any format you can get it in. I'll work on the conversion here. If I have to I can use the contribution funds to pay for professional conversion to reduce losses.

Thanks for anything you can do!
Ed Womer

Post by Ed Womer »

Kevin,

I haven't forgot about you, I just realized I didn't do a video for you yet. Hopefully I get it done shortly I just need to spend some time to get spots from different tapes of different tracks with some action on it and put it all on one tape.

Ed
kevin willmorth

Ed Womer wrote:Kevin,

I haven't forgot about you, I just realized I didn't do a video for you yet. Hopefully I get it done shortly I just need to spend some time to get spots from different tapes of different tracks with some action on it and put it all on one tape.

Ed
Best not to make copies of original tapes if you can avoid it. The best method is to brun clips onto DVD right away, to avoid goign tape-tape-digital. The digital conversion from copied video can be a little dissapointing.

Just a thought.

KLW
kevin willmorth

Just so everyone knows where things are right now.

I've gotten some film to go through and two more on the way to creating a draft presentation. Thanks to all for the effort!

I also have more contributions to list, and will update that soon. The war chest is near $400 now, which is very cool.

Things are looking very good for creating a fun presentation! I'm traveling the next few days, but will provide a more detailed report this weekend.
kevin willmorth

Currently the kitty for the DVD and Brochure project is $750.00 with donations from 22 people 8) 8) I now have contributions of video and still images from 6 comprising several hours of footage, which is an excellent start. I am expecting at least one more video contribution that I am aware of.

This is the list of contributors to the project, in either funds and/or content (most provided both) - in alpha order:

Hal Adkins
Dennis Andrade
Dietmar Bauerle
Gary Blanarik
Leroy Coppedge
Stevan Davis
Greg Davis
Aaron Deer
James Dziewior
Thomas Galuardi
Daniel Grace
Gary Kittell
Bruce Livermore
Thomas Pape
John Petillo
Ray Phillips
Quinn Posner
Greg Rice
Mike Rogers
Stephen Saslow
Jim Schings
Fred Storer
Robert VanDyke
Ed Womer

Thank you everyone! Please keep the input and contributions coming!

After working with my video editing software, we decided to toss it and purchase a more up-to-date program with greater capability. I picked this up today (part of my own contribution to the effort), and am in the process of moving all the files and video onto a dedicated hard drive to make editing cleaner and more precise.

The only content I don't have much of, and would like to include is some images and video of activities surrounding the racing, particularly gathering of FV people around the cars, rather than all in-car and sideline images. If anyone has anything of this sort, please send it in!

More as it develops :!:
Last edited by kevin willmorth on January 14th, 2008, 8:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
RacerGeek

Post by RacerGeek »

Have you tried Eugene Grimes' site for pix and vids of people?

http://www.team2stool.com/
Bob VanDyke
kevin willmorth

Some putz reelly scroood the poooch on spelling some of the contributors names. If you are won of them, pleez let me noh and I will ficks it. Sorry to anywun hooose name I maimed... :roll:
kevin willmorth

Status Report:

Have had some difficulty extracting good files into digital format using off-the-shelf software. Have found a resource who can make the conversion into a format that will allow proper editing and creation of a DVD with far better quality. Am going to have all the raw files converted to provide a uniform foundation upon which to build. The test results are very good.

Was hoping to have more done by now. However, while I am not attempting to create a perfect feature length film for submission to the Sundance Film festival, I do believe that the quality should be at least as good as the original images and video.

More as this transpires.
CitationFV21

Post by CitationFV21 »

Kevin,

Check out this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSvtWeZ0 ... re=related

There are 5 "episodes" there, too bad it is not American FV, but those guys are having a great time!

ChrisZ
Rob Howden

Post by Rob Howden »

Guys,

If you need any photos, please contact us via news@eformulacarnews.com and we'll donate anything that we've taken over the last six years.

Also, once this project is ready, I'll kick-in free advertising banners on eKartingNews.com, IndoorKartingNews.com and eFormulaCarNews.com.
sweenrace

Post by sweenrace »

ChrisZ,

great link! thats my home track in the first episode.

Kevin,
we have some footage on our site (http://www.sweeney-racing.com). You're than welcome to take anything you want. If there is something of particular interest I may have higher res versions

Ian
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Kevin,
Do you have a current status report on the Promo DVD? Haven't heard anything about it in a WHILE now - it's still important on my mind. Missed seeing you at the 45th. You missed a great event.
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
kevin willmorth

I have not forgotten the project, nor have I vacationed on the donations provided - all remains accounted for.

Bottom line is I simply came to a point where my sight was failing me - more specifically, I could not see working one more day for the clowns I was employed by (note the operative word - was). Over the last 5 months my focus has been on putting something together to feed the kitty and rebuilding a consulting business that has been in mothballs for too long.

I've let a few people down here in the process. Heck, my car is still in pieces (was off to a great start last fall too) - which means missing the first race of the season - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for making 4 events this season.

It's been cold, the sun was in my eyes, the cat ate my laptop, and I didn't get the memo... what can I say.

I will make a concerted effort to pull my head out of my back end and get this project back on the boil.

Sorry guys...
jpetillo

Post by jpetillo »

Nothing to be sorry for. My suggestion would be to get the car back on the track first. The Promotional Video can't be a higher priority! John