Diesel Pusher Motorhome and trailer for sale - SOLD SOLD!

FV80
Site Admin

Diesel Pusher Motorhome and trailer for sale - SOLD SOLD!

Post by FV80 »

SOLD! I have a 1994 Holiday Rambler diesel pusher, 36 foot motorhome for sale since Linda and I have recently 'upgraded' to a newer model. This motorhome has no slides, but lots of basement storage and a well laid out interior. Microwave/convection oven and LP cooktop. I installed newer radio a few years ago that will accept CD's and USB sticks and also has an aux input to accept audio from a computer.
[ external image ]

The motorhome was bought used in late 2007 and we have put some 100,000 miles on it since. I got it with just over 100k and it's now sitting right at 200k. It's close to needing new tires, but otherwise is in pretty fine shape. I have an excel file detailing most everything that's been done to it since purchase and it's spent most of its life with us 'under cover'. Obviously, it's an older model, but it has a top notch drive train with the Cummins mechanical C8.3 and Allison 3060 auto trans (filled with Transynd) - originally 250 HP and I bumped it up to 325 HP with a 'plate/boost' kit from TSP Products shortly after purchase. That kit improved the performance and fuel mileage significantly. It was also a TOP LINE motorhome it it's day. All the cabinets are solid wood and the trim is nice. We have redone most of the interior with window trimmings, replaced the 'waffle' shades with pull downs and recovered the (fold down) couch and reclining chair. 22" (IIRC) LCD TV center front and a smaller one back in the BR. I also installed a separate thermostat in the BR so we can set the up front heater thermostat at a 'normal' temp and leave it low in the back. Then bump it up from the BR in the AM to drag out of bed :-).

Over the long term, the MPG is quite good at JUST under 9 MPG (towing). It has a 100 gallon fuel tank for MANY hours of travel without the necessity for a fuel stop. We put over 700 miles on a single tank once, but we normally 'shop' for fuel prices after about 1/2 tank. It holds about 100 gals of fresh water - but I generally travel with only about 40 which will easily last us through a race weekend. The grey tank is about 40 gallons and is the only tank we really have to watch - between showers and sinks. The black tank has had no 'solids' put in it since our purchase and has never been close to full. It also has a 2000 watt inverter that will run the 110v things you need off of the batteries for most of a day without recharging. The on board genset is an Onan (kubota) 3 cylinder 7.5 KW diesel running off the main tank .. but the fuel pickup is at about 1/4 tank level so it can't run you out of fuel. Automatic power input change over when the generator is cranked.

Dual airs on top and standard propane heating with, I think, a 36 gallon LP tank (we generally only fill it once or twice per year. The reefer is about 3 .. maybe 4 years old - I forgot to record when we replaced it :oops: and is AC/LP version. The speedo broke several years ago and I replaced it with a new electronic unit and had the factory program the mileage to match the existing mileage at the time. It was also 'calibratable' so I spent time getting it set correctly using the interstate highway mile markers over MANY miles. The RV has a rear view camera looking at/over the trailer and is also wired for a camera attached to the back of the trailer. LOTS of basement storage .. quite a bit more than our new rig has. We've had to downsize what we carry.

A LOT more has been done to this rig to make it reliable and usable. Ask any questions here or by email, or drop by to see it if you are in the Commerce, GA area .. or going up/down I85 between the Road Atlanta exit (129) and the SC/GA line.

I've towed my racecar(s) some 80,000+ miles all over the southeast and north to WGI, Road America, NJMP and out to Topeka as well as LOTS of other places. If you've been to a SEDIV SCCA Majors race in the last 10 years, you've likely seen it there. When we bought it, I had the receiver hitch and rear frame upgraded with some serious welding from a trailer building shop to handle ANYTHING we might want to tow with it and have had no issues. And, of course, it is equipped with a trailer brake controller.

We are sad to part with this RV - it's been a nice part of our lives for many years, but time moves on. I believe it to be a good unit and it has no known issues that I'm aware of. We took it to Sebring in 2021 and the only issue was the loss of a tire - which resulted in it's now having 2 new tires - since the bad one took out the one next to it - fortunately it caused no collateral damage since we were traveling slowly when the gator came off.

---

I'm asking $15k
For questions, email me at Steve at WedgeR acing do t com.

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
FV80
Site Admin

Re: Diesel Pusher Motorhome and trailer for sale - oldies but goodies - UN-SOLD!

Post by FV80 »

OK.. the trailer is actually GONE, but the buyer backed out of the sale on the motorhome, so it's back on the market again. Price remains the same (this is a GOOD motorhome), but I MIGHT entertain offers that are close.
Reach me here on the Interchange or direct.

Steve, FV80
FV80
Site Admin

Re: Diesel Pusher Motorhome and trailer for sale - SOLD SOLD!

Post by FV80 »

The motorhome has been sold.