Campbell Motorsport- Sold

Campbell Motorsport

Campbell Motorsport- Sold

Post by Campbell Motorsport »

I have made the decision over the past year to start winding down Campbell Motorsport, with the goal of being out of the FV/ FST business by Christmas 2017. I have been doing this for 30 years now and it is time--- as there have been some changes that make it more difficult. While I have been the main “face” of Campbell Motorsport, and it is a 1 man corporation- I have had 2 long time friends, that have helped me a lot along the way virtually from the beginning. Both have had health issues in the past few years and no long want to continue. While it is possible to find other welders and other machine shops, part of the magic over the years has been working with my friends and neither wants to go on. My intention is NOT to leave racing , but leave the “business” of racing. I still intend on answering the phone, going to the races, trying to help both FV and FST racers, and being a part of the both classes. Plus, I would be available to help the new owners if needed.

My desire is to sell all my FV/ FST assets to an individual or group (even better) of like minded individuals that buy the assets and not only continue the cars, but have some fun along the way. An individual (or group) with some fabrication ability and a love of motorsports can have a lot of fun and maybe even make a little money.

I am selling all the assets of the Citation FV, XTC-41 FV, and Evolution FST programs. This includes all fabrication jigs and fixtures, all fiberglass molds, drawings, inventory, 3 chassis (1FV, 2- FST), lots of pictures and documentation on how to build the parts. I have AutoCAD 2D drawings for all parts. I also have an assembly manual for the Citation FV along with cut lists, parts lists, and price lists for everything. Also included in the sale is 1 small Tig welder. For the truly serious, I have a detailed inventory.

Serious inquiries only – please- no tire kickers, PM’s, or emails. If interested give me a call 906-863-5003

Thanks,

Larry Campbell
Campbell Motorsport
http://www.campbellmotorsport.com
Last edited by Campbell Motorsport on June 14th, 2017, 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
kidkoh

Re: Campbell Motorsport- retiring

Post by kidkoh »

Now I wish I never bought the new vee. This is an opportunity that I wish I could take advantage of
Campbell Motorsport

Re: Campbell Motorsport- retiring

Thanks for the comment and good luck with the new car.

I'm not sure I am the most objective- but I think this would be a great opportunity for someone - or some group. I have observed one thing over the last 30 years when I have looked at various projects and even bought a few. Most come with very little or no documentation. There may be a few sketches and a pile of parts, but you are usually on your own. The learning curve is not impossible, but it is longer and often more frustrating. I have tried to document what I do and make decent drawings and fixtures along the way. It is far from perfect, and I am still working on it, but it is more documentation and drawings then I've found on any other project I looked at.

Larry Campbell
Campbell Motorsport, Inc.
http://www.campbellmotorsport.com
Campbell Motorsport

Re: Campbell Motorsport- Sold

All the assets of Campbell Motorsport have now been sold. The final transfer of the car programs was made a week ago. The new owner will be making an announcement in a short time after he has had a little time to digest and organize all the parts (we filled a 26’ truck). He is excited and I am happy to report that he has the assets, ability and energy to continue this program and maybe take it to a higher level. He is a racer and understands the many problems and issues we all face. He also has some equipment with plans to buy more and access to both machine shops and first class fiberglass operations. I am pleased to see the car programs go to this new owner.

Thanks to all that contacted me about the sale. And- again- thank you to all that helped me in many ways over the last 30 years, I could have never done it without your support and help. I hesitate to name names for fear of forgetting someone important- so thanks a lot guys, it was a fun ride.

See you at the track.

Larry Campbell
Campbell Motorsport