SOLD!! Protoform P3 For Sale

rphillips

SOLD!! Protoform P3 For Sale

Post by rphillips »

I'm selling my 2004 Protoform P3 but this is not a standard P3. I have done a lot of development work with this car and the car has a redesigned nose that only allows the air to go above and below the axle beam and I have also developed and fitted side pods to further guide the air. This is certainly nothing new but it is new for a P3 and I believe it helps the car at long tracks like Road America. The car can be run without the modified nose and without the sidepods if you wish. The car also has a custom scoop that I developed which is divided into two and guides air to both the carb and to the oil cooler. The scoop stays with the car after removing the tail section and the carb area is totally sealed and it is a low pressure area which is optimum for the carb. There is also a fairing to help guide the air behind the scoop. I have molds for the nose, sidepods, scoop, and the scoop fairing. I have also modified the tail section to be more like the Vortech with a shelf to control the air at the back of the car and the back end opened to allow heat to get out of the engine bay. Here are some other items that are on the car.

Penske Red Front Shocks

Penske Triple adjustable rear shock with the ability to adjust the shock in the cockpit. Shock also has two hydraulic spring perches.

Carbon Fiber Seat

New FIA rated belts

Dual CHT gauge (separate from data system)

LED Rain Light

Roxannes Stainless Steel Stepped Exhaust

Spares package including 2 leading arams, rear frame pieces, tie rods, and a push rod included.

I qualified 17th at the 2010 Runoffs but spun in oil on the 2nd or 3rd lap. I just qualified 5th and finished 4th at the 2011 Summit Point National.

$8,000 obo for car as a roller.

Radios are not included. I also have three standard P3 noses (one of which has never been on track) if anyone is interested. Please email me at fvee5 at hotmail dot com for more info.

Ray Phillips

Pics can be found here:

http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb3 ... G_0223.jpg
Last edited by rphillips on November 26th, 2011, 10:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jim Kearney

Re: Protoform P3 For Sale

Post by Jim Kearney »

I have seen this car up close and personal and it is a very solid car. I coached Ray at the 2010 Runoffs and he was on his way to a top 10 or better finish before getting caught out by the oil mess at Turn 8. Ray is both innovative and meticulous, this has to be one of the very best Protoform P3's out there. Ray recently finished 4th in a very strong field at the Summit Point National, behind two National Champions. This car is ready to roll.
rphillips

Post by rphillips »

Thanks Jim!

Ray
rphillips

Post by rphillips »

The engine is being sold seperately so the price of the car as a roller with the other items mentioned at the beginning of this thread is $11,800. I need to make roon in the garage so It won't be long before I start selling other items seperately so please contact me if you have an interest!!
rphillips

Post by rphillips »

Note new price of $10,300 for car as a roller. I'm selling the long box and complete spare beam separately and engine has already been sold.

Ray
rphillips

Post by rphillips »

I'm selling the AIM Data System seperately. The price is now $8,500 obo as a roller.

Ray
rphillips

Post by rphillips »

I'm selling the Pastore Collector seperately. Car is now $8,000 obo!
rphillips

Post by rphillips »

BTT
rphillips

Post by rphillips »

BTT! Price Reduced to $7,500 obo!!
rphillips

Re: SOLD!! Protoform P3 For Sale

Post by rphillips »

SOLD!!