SOLD - Problemchild SM3 FV

problemchild

Post by problemchild »

Problemchild SM3 FV Project - SOLD!
[ external image ]

Former 2005 Problemchild SM2 FST car re-constructed and re-homologated as 2010 Problemchild SM3 FV.

Suspension based on Adams Aero but packaged within Mysterian M5/Swift DB-1 bodywork and light-weight chassis. Built to be a premium FV with more side protection than most other FVs that can handle 200+lb drivers, the car was being built to be a "no excuses" Runoff car.

Unfortunately, the economy of Western NY will prevent me from racing this car as planned. I have all components to finish this car complete for $15K. Much of the car is new. The transmission and engine are fresh. The car is mechanically complete and functional. Needs detail and bodywork.

This car was a great FST car with many wins and 3 championships in 3 years. The conversion was done with the ability to reconvert to FST at a later date. The steering and beam mount will work with either KP or BJ beams.

I will consider partial trades for racing shop equipment or trailers. I would also consider trades for potential shop rental race cars (SRF, FM, FC, FF). Possible delivery between Buffalo and Florida just after New Years.

Special features include Adams-style zero-ackerman low bump-steer front steering, custom pre-load rear suspension with 3-way Fox-Penske shock, custom inboard Autowerks-spec stepped Tri-Y exhaust, cockpit-adjustable rear shock compression adjuster (lo and hi), lightweight starter). Removable firewall bracing extends the cockpit which helps accommodate larger drivers and is HANS friendly.

Photos: http://img443.imageshack.us/g/frontlowerbody.jpg/
greg13rice-at-hotmail.com
Last edited by problemchild on February 11th, 2011, 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Re: Problemchild SM3 FV Project

Post by problemchild »

Will package with engine or spares to suit new owner. Thx!
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Re: Problemchild SM3 FV Project

Post by problemchild »

For those not familiar with the Adams-style steering. Here are some pics of the final components. I have stepped up the schedule. Car should be complete by Christmas and ready to race in January.
Last edited by problemchild on February 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Re: Repackaged - Problemchild SM3 FV Project

Post by problemchild »

Same price! More package!

Christmas delivery possible.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Re: Repackaged - Problemchild SM3 FV Project

Post by problemchild »

I need to move this race car. All offers, packages, trades considered. Thanks!
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Re: SOLD - Problemchild SM3 FV

Post by problemchild »

Found a new home in New England. Next stop NHMS!
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"