[FS] 2001 Citation FV01

Doug Carter

[FS] 2001 Citation FV01

Post by Doug Carter »

Turnkey Citation FV01 Formula Vee

I really am sick to my stomach for doing this, but my 2010 racing plans are done, and 2011 isn't looking good, either. In all likeliness, I won't be racing anything anytime soon with the happenings of last month. The new business and the family comes first, and I need to focus my priorities on making squarehead.design succeed. It makes no sense to let this car sit in my garage unraced when there are so many other important things that need to be attended to.

I spent 9 months looking at used FVs, so I know where this car fits in the quality of cars that are out there and available. I really don't believe there are many nicer cars out there, period, let alone for sale. Anyone would be lucky to own a car this nice. I certainly feel I was lucky to find it.

Former works car purchased built by Citation distributor, Larry Campbell, in 2002. it was the very last Citation Formula Vee sold and built. Ground up rebuild 2006 by Jim Ryder (Ryder GTP). Cockpit bars have been professionally modified to fit large drivers, so there is plenty of room in this car for just about anyone. If you don't fit in this, you should probably consider a tin-top to race. The car is flawless, and you can just about eat off of any part of the car—it's that clean.
  • ▪ Freshly rebuilt National Noble engine (run one weekend in 2008)
    ▪ All new Citation bodywork & paint (2006, one race weekend), painted in Bruce McLaren Can-Am papaya orange
    ▪ Frame black powder coated
    ▪ New floor pan
    ▪ New aluminum panels,
    ▪ Ceramic coated Beaumia exhaust
    ▪ Kohanski manifold
    ▪ Both long- and short- Lybarger National gearboxes
    ▪ Carbotech brakes front & rear
    ▪ Penske shocks front & rear
    ▪ Long trailing arms (stock arms included)
    ▪ FireBottle fire system (current charge)
    ▪ 6 gallon fuel cell, 2005
    ▪ 5+ sets of perfect wheels
    ▪ 1 set of fresh 1-run Hoosier R45 tires
    ▪ 1 set of fresh 1-run Hoosier R55 tires
    ▪ Various spares: brakes, hubs, suspension, tune-up parts
    ▪ Winch-operated chassis lift/stand
Currently in a state of winterized storage. Can be seen any time, just inquire. By all accounts, this is a podium National level car in all aspects. Needs current belts (or re-web of existing belts) to be ready for tech in 2010. Video walk-around available on request. Race ready, $11,500.00. doug@apexspeed.com or PM me here.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Engine
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Front end
[ external image ]

Cockpit
[ external image ]

Spares
[ external image ]
Doug Carter

Re: [FS] 2001 Citation FV01

Post by Doug Carter »

Better days ahead... the Citation has been SOLD pending payment of balance and delivery.