Zink C-4 FST, etc for sale.

DRecupido

Zink C-4 FST, etc for sale.

Post by DRecupido »

I'm posting this here and on the FST board.

I bought a 1974 Zink C-4 from Doug Dale in December 2005 (just in case you might know the car). It ran in SCCA as a FV for many years. I converted it to Formula First last year in hopes of running it in SCCA. I ran one test day in July 2007 and one Race weekend (Blackhawk, October 2007) before the tranny broke on lap one of the race. I got the race car bug and ended up buying a 1962 Formcar and 1978 Lola T-440 Formula Ford since. I've run both the FV and FF this year, but haven't got around to fixing the FST. I really enjoy running the FV in VSCDA, so I'm looking to sell or part out the Zink. The motor has about 3 hours on it and was built by Mofoco. I know everyone hates Mofoco, but the owner's son took it on as a personal project since he thought a running FST motor in SCCA might be good for business. From my track time, it seemed on par with the other FTSs. If you know Bill Bonow, he helped me go through the car one evening last year and might be worth emailing about it. It was built to 2006 specs and is complete carb to clutch. The car is complete minus the fire system (I used it in my FV) and broken tranny. I ran the tires on the CFF for one race weekend and would be willing to to put them back on the FST rims (which are brand new from SRacing). I also have a converted landscape trailer that works great with the car and maybe other Vees. I hate when people don't put a price, but you guys know what it's worth better than I do. Send me an email at drecupido@gmail.com or call 815-861-7831 and we can discuss.

BTW, the Vintage Vee group in VSCDA rocks! If you have a vintage FV, check out these guys at http://www.vintagevees.com