Looking for vintage vee to restore.

Marcus

Looking for vintage vee to restore.

Post by Marcus »

I'm interested in finding a vintage vee to restore for my daughter to eventually race. I am currently running a FF with CVAR in my home state of Texas. Currently living in north Louisiana. Thanks for any help - Marcus

I have made a purchase. Thank you all for the help. One of your tips led me to a car. Although not the one I wanted, I think it will do. One thing that I learned it is a lot easier and cheaper to ship a car that can be rolled onto a transport truck rather than a car in pieces. Thanks again for all your help. - Marcus
Last edited by Marcus on January 23rd, 2008, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edsanders

Re: Looking for vintage vee to restore.

Post by edsanders »

I have a 1979 Zink in need of TLC. It is available as a dragger. I probably made a mistake in judgement when I used it as a doaner for the new car now in process. It will take work, but it had a unique look when it was complete. Pictures are available.
butchdeer

Post by butchdeer »

Be careful to buy a car that is vintage elegible. I know a 1979 zink is not momoposto legal but check with CVAR about what is legal with them. This car may be earlier than 1979 as the model and date of manufactuer is often confused on older cars. zink did not number his cars very well.
Butch
FV since1963
NotMoss

Post by NotMoss »

Marcus...Check for a private message. TED
Ted FV 07 (Retired)
Veefan

Post by Veefan »

Check this out, it's not my car, I found it searching the web, 1968 Formula Vee for $2,000 ???

http://www.fogster.com/listing.php?id=167720

It "looks" complete, located on West Coast?
DanRemmers

Post by DanRemmers »

Veefan wrote:Check this out, it's not my car, I found it searching the web, 1968 Formula Vee for $2,000 ???

http://www.fogster.com/listing.php?id=167720

It "looks" complete, located on West Coast?
That link says it's sold.
shark32

Post by shark32 »

Would you be interested in a Beach 5C located in Kansas City? Chassis has a new fiberglass nose and tail to be fitted. Gearbox, suspension, slotted wheels and most other parts along with a donor 40hp motor. Asking $1000 for the package.
For pictures contact Greg at 816-804-2425. Thanks.

Shark32
FV55inSpokane

Post by FV55inSpokane »

Hey, I've been emailing the past few days to this "guy", I use the term loosely, with the Vee that was on ebay. He's just a few nuts short of a tree full.
Just FYI. Good luck trying to get any info from him.
Lawrence