I guess it's official

bill_browne

I guess it's official

Post by bill_browne »

Welcome to C-Mod.
77fmod

Re: I guess it's official

Post by 77fmod »

WTF? :shock: I have not seen anything stating that change.. :?: I will need new letters..

You are pulling my leg, right?

Johnny B.
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

Hot off the presses:

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/ass ... 0Rules.pdf

In particular, see page 231. Also I don't know if it is news or not but on page 238 they put the dwarf/legends cars into F-Mod.....
qreshadow

Post by qreshadow »

vreihen wrote:Hot off the presses:

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/ass ... 0Rules.pdf

In particular, see page 231. Also I don't know if it is news or not but on page 238 they put the dwarf/legends cars into F-Mod.....
Youse guys make me laugh :lol: . That information has been available since before the turn of the new year and you're finally acknowledging what you craved for so long :roll: .
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

Yep. We are a funny breed. :lol:
I had been looking in the Fastracks but never saw an update..

Thanks for the info..
This should be more fun now.. especially since I PO'd almost the entire F500 ranks..
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

It is an irrelevant thing since we didn't get any of the additional allowances that were part of the original proposal.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

Long-term, it is going to be a good thing. The snowmobiles (and other F5-class spinoffs like motorcycle-powered F600's) were continually evolving, both in car development and class rules. Given the Solo rules lagging a year or more behind GCR changes, there was no way to gain parity with a moving target that kept getting faster. The cars in C-Mod are from pretty stable GCR classes, so getting parity with them should hopefully only be a one-time process since the target isn't moving. Plus, as was pointed at the start of the C-Mod move idea, both FV/Solo Vee and FF are based on production automobile drivetrains, whereas FM was being dominated by snowmobile-powered cars and looking to bring in motorcycle-powered cars. Getting course-independent parity between apples and oranges will never be as easy as it is between oranges and tangerines. I see this as the transition year, where several honest (built to the limits of the rules) Solo Vees need to be fielded against the Formula Fords, so that the MAC can get a sense for the current differential and come up with a parity plan.....