Any Stories?

Bbsgarage

Any Stories?

Post by Bbsgarage »

From Nationals????
vreihen

Re: Any Stories?

Post by vreihen »

Looking at the results from afar, the fastest snowmobile would have decimated C-Mod, and trophied in A-Mod and B-Mod. Don't know what days/heats/courses each ran, or if weather was a factor.....
qreshadow

Post by qreshadow »

vreihen wrote:Looking at the results from afar, the fastest snowmobile would have decimated C-Mod, and trophied in A-Mod and B-Mod. Don't know what days/heats/courses each ran, or if weather was a factor.....

Oh stop your class comparison whining Arthur :lol: , you're going to C MOD next year and you'll never, ever have to run against a snowmobile powered car again....... except maybe in PAX :cry: . You should be celebrating 8) .
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

The weather was not a factor. CM ran second heat Tuesday east and Wednesday west. FM ran fifth heat Thursday west Friday east. Tuesday and Wednesday were hotter than Thursday and Friday, but the time differences between the first and fifth heats kind of equalize the weather. No rain to speak of all week and none that affected CM or FM. If anything CM had better course conditions due to less rubber on the course.

AM ran the same heat as FM.

The Colgrove's are blindingly fast.

The FM guys are much friendlier to us than the CM guys.

I doubt the Solo Vees will be moving to CM.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
brian

Post by brian »

Made my first Solo Nationals and came away completely impressed. Talked with a few Vee guys and appreciate the classification issues you face. I was really shocked at how fast the SAE cars were. When I left on Thurs. night, a SAE car had Fast time but I don't know if any of the A MOD guys were able to bump him.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
qreshadow

Post by qreshadow »

Lynn wrote:I doubt the Solo Vees will be moving to CM.
Lynn, ....a little positive thinking here, heh? :P
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

Alright, Art here is positive. We won't be moving to CM.

They are overwhelmingly against the move. Besides, the FM people seem to be much friendlier. At least they are as long as our valve covers don't fall off.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
qreshadow

Post by qreshadow »

Lynn wrote:Alright, Art here is positive. We won't be moving to CM.

They are overwhelmingly against the move. Besides, the FM people seem to be much friendlier. At least they are as long as our valve covers don't fall off.
Well Lynn, sometimes the hard decisions are the correct decisions. Been there, done that! 8)

EDIT 09/24: Well, youse guys may not have gotten all the additional improvements that you wanted but the SEB thinks, and has recommended to the BOD, that you be moved to C Mod in 2013. I think that is a good move for you, you have a good base, and you can build on that in the coming years. I hope you succeed in achieving your goals :!:
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

I ask you, when will the drama queens and their references to valve covers coming off die off?

LOL!
bill_browne

Post by bill_browne »

77fmod wrote:I ask you, when will the drama queens and their references to valve covers coming off die off?

LOL!
I doubt they ever will. I had some guy I never heard of busting my chops about it on the metal working forum.