SEB class and rule change

Vernon Maxey

SEB class and rule change

Post by Vernon Maxey »

So, what does everyone think of the class and rule change?
Lynn

Re: SEB class and rule change

Post by Lynn »

Wish they would have made them effective right now since my engine is being rebuilt. Maybe I should just have the big valves put in now. The way I drive no one will know. :cry:

I don't think changing classes will make a big difference, but it doesn't make sense to me to have us with the snowmobile based cars.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
pmr77

Post by pmr77 »

What are the changes? I looked on Fastrack on the SCCA site, but the file is "broken and can't be repaired"!!!!
RFickes

Post by RFickes »

Her you go. IMHO I think it is a good idea.
The following package of class and rule change proposals, affecting various sections in Appendix A, has been recommended
by the MAC and is published here for member review and comment. This set of changes moves the Solo Vee cars from
F Modified into C Modified, and makes preparation allowance upgrades which have been requested by members to help
improve the competitiveness of the SV cars:
- Move subsection B in its entirety from under Modified Class F into Modified Class C.
- Move subsections C, D, and E from under Modified Class F into Modified Class C.
- Remove the “Solo Vee” under subsection F under Modified Class F, and create a corresponding item under the Solo
Vee rules as moved into Modified Class C.
- Under Solo Vee (as moved) Change C.2.f to read: “f) One or two two-barrel carburetor(s) of any origin may be used.
One-barrel carburetor(s) will only be allowed as permitted by the applicable GCR.”
- Under Solo Vee (as moved) change E.1 and E.2 to read as follows:
“1. Increase compression up to and including 10:1 ratio with OE bore and stroke. Fuel injection is prohibited. Valve
size may be increased to a maximum of 44 mm intake and 37.5 mm exhaust. Port location may not be changed
from OE stock. Machining of any type in the combustion chamber such as, but not limited to, valve unshrouding
is prohibited. Valve guide center shall remain OE stock. OE stock heads shall be used. Any single carburetor
(regardless of the number of venturis) is permitted. Multiple carburetion is restricted to a maximum of two 44mm
carburetors with 28 mm venturis. If a balance tube is used between manifold runners, it shall be restricted to one
1/2-inch ID pipe. Any intake manifold not having a plenum chamber is permitted. Minimum weight is 1000 lbs.
2. Increase bore up to and including 94 mm maximum per cylinder, total displacement of 1915 cc. Machining to
allow the installation of the cylinders is permitted. No other combustion chamber machining such as, but not limited
to, unshrouding of the valves, is permitted. Valve guide centers must remain OE stock. Increased displacement
SCCA FasTrack News July 2012 Page 46
engines up to 1915 cc are restricted to maximum valve sizes 44 mm intake and 37.5 mm exhaust. Port location may
not be changed from OE stock. OE stock heads shall be used, however, alternate VW heads may be substituted.
A maximum compression ratio of 9:1 is permitted. Any single or dual two-barrel carburetor may be used. Minimum
weight: 1000 lbs.” (#6804, 6805, 6806, 6807, 7325, 7454)
Vernon Maxey

Post by Vernon Maxey »

I think that some of the CM guys are afraid that we might upset their class. I think we will add to the class. We need to tell the SEB that this is a good move. They want to hear from us.
RFickes

Post by RFickes »

I have sent my letter to the SEB in support of the proposed change and if you agree, I suggest everyone do the same. It appears that many of the current FF drivers in CM are against the change as noted from the posts that appear in Apex Speed forum and they are writing to express their concern.
http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52700
Richard