Racing this year?

77fmod

Racing this year?

Post by 77fmod »

I am looking forward to another year of racing. I believe have secured a new concrete site in the the Great Lakes region and may have 5 or so events on it.

On the lighter side, I have installed a new oil spray mechanism on the back of the vee since the one last year worked so well for my fellow competitors.

Seriously, best of luck to everyone this year..

Johnny B.
77fmod

Re: Racing this year?

Post by 77fmod »

Okay.. What? Is everyone going to avoid me like the plauge?

Is that the way it is now? Sportsmanship out the window? LOL! Well I can play that game as well..

I will be back this year and more determined than ever to prove the car can still be fast in spite of the fiasco from last year..

JGB
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

77fmod wrote:Okay.. What? Is everyone going to avoid me like the plauge?
If they are, I certainly didn't get the memo! :lol:

My Vee engine is still sitting with the top end disassembled, and I can't find the motivation to put it back together when we haven't had a mod-car-friendly site in my home region for 5 years now. Now that I have passed the region's Solo Chair responsibility on to someone else, I'm hoping to actually be able to drive stock class in an event or two this year. My focus this year is getting the monster Featherlite trailer that I bought last fall set up with all of the required creature comforts like an awning, so that's where most of my racing budget will be going.....
qreshadow

Post by qreshadow »

Arthur, who did you pass the torch to?
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

qreshadow wrote:Arthur, who did you pass the torch to?
You didn't get the memo yet??? :shock: Some guy who used to be an active region member. I can't remember his name, but he used to drive a black QRE Shadow with car number 666 on it..... :lol:
qreshadow

Post by qreshadow »

:roll: I see you still have a sense of humor! :mrgreen:
Vernon Maxey

Post by Vernon Maxey »

Hi Johnny,
The Darth Vee will be out again this year, Lord willing. Just haven't been too active. Had Knee problems the beginning of the year. Everything is slowly healing. Did do some work earlier this last winter. I put on coil overs on the front. I haven't had a chance to tune it in. I'm planning on going to the National tour in Lincoln at the end of May. Anybody else going?
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

My car needs to get down to SRacing for some work. I've been trying since December to get it to them. I work midnights and no set days. Every time I've arranged to get two consecutive days off, it has snowed., except for the two times when we had tornadoes. I'm going to try tomorrow, but there will be sever thunderstorms with a chance of tornadoes tonight.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

Well alright! Glad to hear that you guys are going to be around to see me kick some 500 butt this year! :twisted:

Lynn, I see you are still having that incredibly bad luck that has been following you around for a couple of years. I hope things get better.

I've made a few changes myself and am anxious to get the thing out...

I will not make it to Lincoln but will do the Toledo Tour.

Until later,

Johnny