Zink Solo Vee questions

Veefan

Zink Solo Vee questions

Post by Veefan »

I picked up a Zink FV a few months ago and have been thinking about what to do with it. Not too much vintage racing in the north east so I'm thinking of converting it to a solo vee.

Lynn answered a few of my question and pointed me in the right direction, thanks

a few more...

Fuel cell, can we use standard type fuel cell from like Summit racing or does it need to be a blader ATL style?

[ external image ]

Fire suit? Do we need one?
Lynn

Re: Zink Solo Vee questions

Post by Lynn »

You do not need a fuel cell for Solo. My car has an aluminum tank. The Lynx had a one gallon Junior dragster cell. The only thing the Solo rules require you to wear are a helmet and closed toed shoes. Local laws, customs, etc. will dictate anything else you wear.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

My Solo Vee came from it's previous owners with a Briggs & Stratton fuel tank screwed to the frame. I changed it out for a plastic 1-gallon junior dragster fuel cell.....
Veefan

Post by Veefan »

Thanks for the info as usual!!!

Do most Solo Vees use bolt on valve covers? I've read, that those annoying orange cones :twisted: have a habit of knocking the covers off or lose when the standard VW bails are used.
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

Expect bolt on valve covers to be required next year. Amazingly, the same car had the same valve cover knocked off by cones on each day at the Nationals. I had not heard of valve covers coming off due to cones before.This is less likely to happen with trailing arms but it is still possible.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

Never use bales/bails (?) for your valve covers or you risk being dragged into Hades with me...!!!!! :evil: