rebuilding transmission

gallopingghost

rebuilding transmission

Post by gallopingghost »

First, congratulations to all that competed in Lincoln.....

Second, Just a quick question about replacing my third and forth gear on my transmission. Do folks sugget the Long video as a tutorial for the rebuild, and can I get a way with just replacing the third and fourth gear without doing the whole transmission? (yes I know, I am human and lazy :roll: ). What brand of gears do folks reccomend?
77FV Rio Grande Region SCCA
76 Bobsy
FM4SOLO

Re: rebuilding transmission

Post by FM4SOLO »

I used all parts from Long Enterprises, including the step by step DVD. I used a 1:48 third and 1:04 fourth, loved them, totally transformed the car. All of my Synchros were shot, so i did the whole transmission. I got the car (72 Lynx) reasonably quick before I had to stop driving it due to arthritis. It now sits in my garage awaiting the next generation.
Charles
gallopingghost

Re: rebuilding transmission

Post by gallopingghost »

Thanks for the advice, the CD seems fairly comprehesive so I think I will spring for it at least. It doesn't seem to complex from the manuals I have but then again those are usually famous last words! Sorry to hear that your vee is sitting, it seems that they should be driven!

I know that my transmission was completely rebuilt in 2002 and hope that the limited solo time it has seen will make it an easier rebuild.
77FV Rio Grande Region SCCA
76 Bobsy