An open apology..

77fmod

An open apology..

Post by 77fmod »

To those concerned,

I humbly apologize for the unbelievable chain of events at the Nationals this year. Both I and my co-driver were devastated that we affected any and everyone at the event, so much so that we withdrew and left immediately.
I have never experienced nor have I ever heard of such an occurance with valve covers in all my years of running a Vee.
I will be changing to bolt-ons immediately and I support a mandatory ruling.

Sincerely,

Johnny B.
Lynn

Re: An open apology..

Post by Lynn »

It was good to see you at Nats, Johnny. It was surprising that a valve cover could be knocked off by a cone. It is an amazing coincidence that it would happen again the next day. You've done a great job in building the car and were doing so well. I feel badly for what happened to you and John and I think most of the 500 guys will, too, after giving things a little time.

Hang in there, Johnny. As my late, and much missed, grandfather used to say, "In 40 years, no one will care." I've found it usually takes a lot less time than that.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
77fmod

Re: An open apology..

Post by 77fmod »

Thanks for your candid reply. It is greatly appreciated. Your Grandfather was a wise man!

Both John and myself were beside ourselves with bewilderment of how this could possibly happen twice. I would be willing to wager that no one could ever duplicate the failures again even if they tried....