Nationals

Vernon Maxey

Nationals

Post by Vernon Maxey »

OK,
Who is signing up for Nationals? I'm in.
Lynn

Re: Nationals

Post by Lynn »

I was registered before you. How'd it go at the Midiv last weekend? I had to work.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
Vernon Maxey

Post by Vernon Maxey »

Bob Qualkinbush and I battled back and forth. The official results aren't in yet but we are aware that we were very close to the Cmod times. Peter Calhoun's time was only .5 faster than my time the first day. I finally found some pads that worked on my front disks. The Cmod times were faster the next day. I think I had 42.4 and they had 40.9 or 7. Bob had a 41.9, so we are getting closer.
Vernon Maxey

Post by Vernon Maxey »

Not too much interest, is there?
RFickes

Post by RFickes »

Must say I am a little jealous because I was hoping to make it this year. I just will not get it (Caldwell D13 with 1915 cc motor) completed in time but hope you do well.
Vernon Maxey

Post by Vernon Maxey »

Thank you, we will have a good idea how well we will do to compete with the 440/500s this year. Sorry you couldn't make it out this year. Maybe we will see you next year.(Lord willing)
Darth Vee
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

I'M IS!!! :twisted:
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

Only two days left to register before the entry jumps to $300.

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

OK! Gettin' pumped here! I can't believe that Hoosier ran out of rears for us.. I have made several phone calls and worked with them, the distributor and Dave Kutney to get them... I finally will have them delivered to the motel Tuesday... Talk about cutting it close...

Has anyone else experienced this?

See ya' there...

JGB
DanRemmers

Post by DanRemmers »

Aren't the rear tires we use the same size as Formula Atlantics and S2000s? The runoffs may use up some.
Plus I believe most of the DMod cars use that size on all 4 corners.
Will the Hoosier truck be there at Nationals?
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

I ordered tires from R&S Racing about three weeks ago and had Ron bring them to the Midwest Divisional at Lincoln last week. They are now covered with other peoples rubber.

The Hooser truck is supposed to be their.

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
bug1960

Post by bug1960 »

I just wanted to let everyone know how great it was to meet some other Vee drivers that attended the Solo Nationals. I wanted to thank Bob for looking my car over and making a few suggestions. I do appreciate the information (even though it was alot of work to complet the day before competition) I Also would like to thank Vernon for letting me ask question on the mods made to your car. You have a beautifuly built car. I wish we could go back and prevent the "oil" problem that happend in order to see where all the vees would have ended up. I look forward to making the trip again next year.

Vernon if you read this post could you please email me off list. tmiller_fsp102 at hotmail dot com

Thanks again.

Todd 88FM
Vernon Maxey

Post by Vernon Maxey »

Hi Todd,
Just now got on line. I'm busy tonight, I'll Email you tomorrow.
V.