My Formula Vee..

mityfast

My Formula Vee..

Post by mityfast »

...is waiting for its engine transplant so this week at our season opener I decided to autocross my Dune Buggy (with its new uprated 1915 engine dynoed at 120 hp...and a total weight of 1050 pounds)...great fun

Here is a link to a video someone took of me having fun, and allowed me to upload on my Youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/mityfast#p/u/2/khVG6D7a3Ic

Paul
1969zeitler

Re: My Formula Vee..

Post by 1969zeitler »

Nice car and nice job going thru the cones. Never thought a buggy could handle so well. Looks like a whole lotta fun! Put a video up when you get the vee going. We'd like to see it.
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now

I have a VERY understanding Wife.
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

Back in the 60's, Carroll Shelby had a factory Cobra autocross/gymkhana team. Bruce Meyers, creator of the Meyers Manx dune buggy, started his own team. Much to Mr. Shelby's great chagrin, the Manx' usually beat the Cobras. The cutting brakes on the buggies were a huge advantage on tight courses.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
qreshadow

Post by qreshadow »

If you check the back of the book for class champions, you might find that Bill Goodell had 3 B Modified National Championships in the late '70 s with his Deserter dune buggy :--).

Those were the "good ol' days"; no wings, data systems or other electronic stuff :lol:
mityfast

Post by mityfast »

1969zeitler wrote:Nice car and nice job going thru the cones. Never thought a buggy could handle so well. Looks like a whole lotta fun! Put a video up when you get the vee going. We'd like to see it.

Thanks.... and the handling really surprised me too...it is built on an engineered chassis (not a Beetle pan) and I reckon that is why it does so well.

When the Vee is up and running, I will most certainly have a camera to record the 360 spinouts it will most certainly do as I adjust to the boosted hp while trying to run on street tires!

P
mityfast

Post by mityfast »

Lynn wrote:Back in the 60's, Carroll Shelby had a factory Cobra autocross/gymkhana team. Bruce Meyers, creator of the Meyers Manx dune buggy, started his own team. Much to Mr. Shelby's great chagrin, the Manx' usually beat the Cobras. The cutting brakes on the buggies were a huge advantage on tight courses.

I learned something today...thanks for the info ... I am not surprised having driven a Cobra kit car before....they seem much more crude and with the heavy engine lump up front things can get hairy real fast....not that an engine hanging of the back of a buggy isn't a challenge in itself:)

P
mityfast

Post by mityfast »

qreshadow wrote:If you check the back of the book for class champions, you might find that Bill Goodell had 3 B Modified National Championships in the late '70 s with his Deserter dune buggy :--).

Those were the "good ol' days"; no wings, data systems or other electronic stuff :lol:

More cool info...thanks

I prefer the "good ol" days"

P