Tight lipped bunch of buggers???

77fmod

Tight lipped bunch of buggers???

Post by 77fmod »

Hey,
Just a reminder.. If anyone has suggestions for rules changes, now would be a good time to send a request to the SEB..

Anyone racing this year? I plan to campaign my car this year.. I have all the updates incorporated and although my driving is somewhat rusty, we should get an idea whether the rules helped us or not...

I will be doing an event on 6-6 & 7 at Peru with the South Bend Region and the Tour on Independence Day at the same location.. I hope to have some premier competition at one or both of them just to get a benchmark about the car as it sits..

Until later,

Johnny B.
Lynn

Re: Tight lipped bunch of buggers???

Post by Lynn »

I've been out a few times this year. Our first event was cold and wet so the car stayed in the shop. The second event was the fuel pump failure. The Midiv at Neosho, MO was very, very wet on Saturday. There were several rivers 3 to 4 inches deep. The car stayed in the trailer. Vern took one run and quit and Bob Q. took 2 runs. My co-driver had to leave on Sunday because his sister-in-laws house was damaged by a small tornado we had here in St Louis. I lost 20 or 30 shingles that night due to high winds.

I have run two local events. At the first, I lost a run because the clutch was out of adjustment. On the fourth run, one of the breather hoses came off the valve cover and I oiled down the course, and car. I thought I could fix that by replacing the 9/16ths wide hose clamps with 5/16ths clamps. That sort of worked. I got 5 runs and a friend who was driving the car in FUN class had the hose come off on his second run. Didn't get a drop on course but there was even more on the car than the first time. I went to the shop which built the engine to see if they could thread the fittings so the hoses would have something to bite on. They asked what hose I was using. I told them clear silicone. They said no wonder it is coming off. The silicone hose is half inch and the fittings required 12mm hose plus the silicone hose gets really slippery if it gets any oil on it. They didn't have the right hose in stock but should have it this week. I hope so since we have another event next Sunday, and the NT at Blytheville the next week. That reminds me that I need to order a muffler.

The big problem I'm having is with the clutch. It won't stay in adjustment. At the end of each run, it won't release and I have to adjust it again. I think I'll go up to the tech forum and ask for help.

Johnny, the big engine is amazing. So are the disk brakes, but they damned well better be with all the money I spent. The setup SRacing put on the car really has it handling much better but I think taking the sway bar off the rear helped too. It has less wheelspin even though the car has much more power. It still has enough to have me thinking of getting an LSD for next year.

Damn it, it is raining again and the roof hasn't been repaired yet. Starting to get a little interior water damage.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee