Wow, it's been quiet here.

Lynn

Wow, it's been quiet here.

Post by Lynn »

I was going to run our first event last Sunday, but left the car in the shop. It was cold and damp all day. I was supposed to run the first heat and I thought the course would still be wet. It was. Wet and 40 degrees on heat cycled out tires is not the conditions I want to have for the first event after so many changes to the car. Especially, since the new disk brakes have never been tested.

Our next event is in two weeks. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
DanRemmers

Re: Wow, it's been quiet here.

Post by DanRemmers »

Yeah, we have our first event in 10 days, but I'm not sure I'll run. My car's been sitting outside all winter covered in snow until it melted last week. (The snow, not the car.) The local parking laws now prohibit trailers on the street. :x I think my gearbox is leaking from the input shaft, and causing the clutch to slip a little. My tires are 4 years old (at least). And I'm wondering where I'll find the money to pay my SCCA membership dues, let alone entry fees and car prep.

But I'll keep at it. Spending all the time and money on racing that I can afford. (We've already budgeted for our kids getting full scholarships to college 8) )
qreshadow

Post by qreshadow »

Youse guys need to move further south 8) . CFR has staged 4 events so far with a 5th coming this weekend :P . The only weather related question we have had is whether to wear shorts or not :lol: .
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

I hate you man!!!! :mrgreen:

The good thing for me is that I am finally back to work and will be able to do some racing this year. This job is supposed to be for some amount of time between 6 weeks and 2 years.. LOL! You never know nowadays.

Now if it would just warm up.... :roll:

Johnny B.
qreshadow

Post by qreshadow »

Glad you're back in the ranks of the employed! :lol: