Need a new header

drum3

Need a new header

Post by drum3 »

Where is the best place to look for a replacement header ? ours finaly rusted thru.
Anthony Hodges
TSCC VP
Team Borderline Racing
RacerGeek

Re: Need a new header

Post by RacerGeek »

Where are you located and what's your budget? SCCA or vintage? From our sponors with links at the top of the page you can get Roxanne headers from SR Racing and Vee Sport Racing makes very good headers on the east coast. You would probably be looking at a 3-6 week turn around for a custom system, half that for a common chassis like a Caracal, Protoform or Mysterian. Don't want to spend $1000? Take your rusted out system to a local muffer shop and see if they can bend something up for you using the old system as a pattern. Also, look for race car or street rod fabricators in your area. If they can bend a roll bar, they can make you an exhaust.
Last edited by RacerGeek on January 18th, 2010, 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bob VanDyke
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

Bob (Racergeek) is correct. Yours may be repairable (or duplicatable). We have several types in stock and can get you what you need, but need to know the type of car (and header type that you may want.) (I sent you a PM)

Jim
SR
859-252-2496
FM4SOLO

Post by FM4SOLO »

When I had my old exhaust header rebuilt, I got all the parts from great plains aircraft supply, reused my collector, had a local muffler shop weld it up.
Charles