Single Carburetor--Many Venturi's

MBillings

Single Carburetor--Many Venturi's

Post by MBillings »

I just read the latest Fast Track. I don't have an opinion regarding the Legends Cars (yet), but I'm interested in everyone's reaction to the single carburetor rule change. As I read the rule, the SEB is proposing doing away with the two-barrel carb. restriction. Now, the 1915 cc crowd can run a four-barrel carb...as long as we only run one carb.

Is this to our advantage, or not?

By the way, I agree with the statement that our challenge with the F500's is not horsepower...at least that's not our biggest problem. Weight and track width of the Vee, compared to the F500 is a bigger issue...that and the 1940's suspension the Vee runs. However, it appears the SEB/MAC is hoping to solve the problem of unequal cars through horsepower (for the most part).

I'm interested in the opinions about the change in carburetor rule.

cheers,
Mike
Lynn

Re: Single Carburetor--Many Venturi's

Post by Lynn »

That tech bulletin is modifying subsection E.1. which are the rules for the 1600 engines. Why that sentence needs clarification is beyond me. I thought that "Any single carburetor is permitted" was perfectly clear. The same wording is used in E.2. which is the 1915 spec. I feel that wording allows four barrel, 11 barrel or whatever number of venturis you can find in one carb. A four barrel carb would be of some benefit if you build a manifold with individual runners and each venturi of the carb could be tuned individually.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
77fmod

Re: Single Carburetor--Many Venturi's

Post by 77fmod »

Just FYI..., Ricardo Gonzales did run a four barrel with individual runners back in 99 or so. He found that there was no advantage with that setup...

JGB