Fuel Injection: B Modified?

killerken53

Fuel Injection: B Modified?

Post by killerken53 »

I managed to screw up another engine in my solo vee. I have not torn it down to see what happened, but it is no big loss on a homebuilt used engine.

Getting ready to put another engine in, my buddy offered me his 1776 engine out of his Thing. The engine is equipped with CB performance dual 40mm throttle bodies and fuel injection. I have already accumulated sufficent points in our reigon to earn my year end trophy in FM, so I am not worried about changing classes as part of an experiment.

Would this engine package fit within the ruleset of BM? I thought there was notation in the rules about fuel injection, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

P.S. I will have no competition in this class, so I am not worried about being horibly slow.
vreihen

Re: Fuel Injection: B Modified?

Post by vreihen »

killerken53 wrote:P.S. I will have no competition in this class, so I am not worried about being horibly slow.
Why not just label it A-Mod, and not worry about whether it's legal or not in BM?????
77fmod

Re: Fuel Injection: B Modified?

Post by 77fmod »

Off subject but how did you screw up the engine? Sounds like you are having a continuing problem.. Are you running an extended oil sump and pickup? I destroyed a few engines before I finally found the one to solve the problem...

Johnny B.