SEB or MAC??

77fmod

SEB or MAC??

Post by 77fmod »

Would I send my request for a rule change to the SEB or the MAC for review? What is the enail address for the correct one? Now before the wrong person has a hissy. I am just going to ask that they make the provision at 12 C.6. for the reverse gear to be operable from the driver's seat to be optional for a SOLO Vee... Our competitors don't even have one and neither do the A/mods and some B/mods.. The SEB has recognized the SOLO VEE as its own unique derivative and I just think this would greatly improve our shifting problems... In other words you could put the lockout inside the reverse selector inside the nose cone on the tranny and reverse would be impossible to get hung up on...

Johnny B.
Lynn

Re: SEB or MAC??

Post by Lynn »

Send it to the SEB. The SEB will then refer it to the MAC for consideration.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

http://cms.scca.com/documents/Solo%20Ru ... wchart.pdf

If you believe this flow chart, requests for Solo rule changes go to seb@scca.com.....
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

Thanks guys... It's on it's way..

JGB
qreshadow

Post by qreshadow »

Johnny and other interested parties :lol: ,

The rules season, as it is affectionately known by racers and Soloists, ends around June 1st of each year. That means that any request for a rules change needs to be in the hands of the CRB/SEB/MAC prior to that date. This is so it can be published in FASTRACK for member input and the receipt of member responses prior to the BOD meeting in mid to late August. We're already at that time now.

Now that being said, I don't think your request is going to give anyone heartburn, so the SEB might be able to get it front of the BOD without member input. However, be prepared not to see this rule change in next year's book due only to the late arrival of the request. :cry:
DanRemmers

Post by DanRemmers »

I don't think anybody would protest your car without reverse. I don't think tech inspectors would even check for that. Maybe at Nationals, but I've never been there, so others may know for sure.
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

Thanks for the updates once again... Too bad I didn't get it in earlier.. I agree that it shouldn't ruffle feathers it's just the memory of Clint M. still lingers in my mind...
Now, I did protest Scott Nardin one year but in fairness I offered him a chance to show me the dims of his motor before Nationals... It was rumored that he was going to leave the class and I just wanted to know if he had been dominate because of an illegal motor... That being said, we are still friends but fierce competitors and we still don't share info.. LOL!
I'm rambling...

However this is the response I got from the SEB:

Your Comments have been logged 09-486 for Solo Vee Reverse Gear Proposal and sent to the SEB. They will discuss this topic and once they have made a decision they will post it in a future FasTrack news.

Until later,

Johnny B.