Post by vreihen »

PM received and replied to.

The snowmobile guys are probably wondering what we're plotting..... :lol:
qreshadow

Re: vreihen??

Post by qreshadow »

"The snowmobile guys are probably wondering what we're plotting..... :lol: "

Not really, but it is an amusing thought :lol:

I was yelled at once for misspelling a name on this forum, should I say anything about Johnny misspelling your name :P
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

I think you just did! It's a tough crowd out there... Too bad we don't have a spell check on here.

Besides.. I thought he was a writer.. :lol:
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

Arthur,

Please give me your shipping info...

Thanks,

JGB
qreshadow

Post by qreshadow »

Mornin' Johnny.

Nah, this crowd isn't "tough". Some of us just like to poke a little fun once in awhile :P .

If you want a "tough" crowd where things do get tense, you should go over to the F500 forum where some of the folks tend to be separated from reality........ :lol:

The folks here seem to have a good attitude toward things and are not into aggressive, arrogant and often unfounded opinionated remarks :roll: I think forums can sometimes bring out the worse in people :twisted: .
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

Art,
That's because no one else understands us and we don't want to lose the only friends that we have! LOL!
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

qreshadow wrote:If you want a "tough" crowd where things do get tense, you should go over to the F500 forum where some of the folks tend to be separated from reality........ :lol:
What??? Did Paul Foster buy an F500?!?!? :lol: Speaking of which, is that clown still on Team.Net, or did he find a rock to crawl under after his unfounded dissing of NYR and all of the other numerous ways he found to put his foot in his mouth?
qreshadow wrote:The folks here seem to have a good attitude toward things and are not into aggressive, arrogant and often unfounded opinionated remarks :roll: I think forums can sometimes bring out the worse in people :twisted: .
I think that the minimum weight of the F500's needs to be raised to 1500 pounds. :twisted:

BTW, any time that you want your Solo program back, the chair is all yours..... :P
qreshadow

Post by qreshadow »

Speaking of which, is that clown still on Team.Net, or did he find a rock to crawl under after his unfounded dissing of NYR and all of the other numerous ways he found to put his foot in his mouth?

I have no idea where Paul is. Heard he moved south but where, I don't know.

I think that the minimum weight of the F500's needs to be raised to 1500 pounds. :twisted:

Yeah, ......and you probably still believe in Santa Claus too. :lol:

BTW, any time that you want your Solo program back, the chair is all yours..... :P[/quote]

No thanks, I retired remember. But, unfortunately, that only lasted about two years after I got down here and then I got dragged into my new region's politics and now sit on their BOG :roll:
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

Art,
Next when they ask for volunteers remember to take one step back.. :lol:

JGB
qreshadow

Post by qreshadow »

Yep, one step back, got it! 8) . Trouble is I don't move, the others take that step back and there I am, standing by my lonesome :lol: .

I left the MAC two years ago 'cause it was time and the SEB had other plans. Since most national-type Appeals are heard after the event, the SEB wanted to handle Appeals much like the racing group does now. So they formed this new committee right before I left the MAC and appointed me chair of the National Appeals Committee which, of course, is an ongoing project :| . And in my free time :lol:, I also got to redo the Solo Trials rules for a third time.

Tried to resign last year from the Appeals Committtee but "they" wouldn't accept my request. "Just one more year." I'm hoping this year's resignations work :lol:
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

Well! My experience with the appeals group from years past is not a good memory.. It was when Clint (what's his face) protested Whitling and Phipps for their mufflers being too long... Phipps appealed the initial ruling of DQ and was handed a 2 second penalty. It was his first time at Nats and he was .001 secs out of first. He was so discouraged that he has never been back since. The whole thing should have been a major embarrassment to anyone associated with both the initial ruling and the appeal..
I hoping you can bring some intellect to that crew!

Sorry for the rant but it was not what I would consider good sportsmanship... and the whole committe should have been protested..

I have respected your opinion and confidence in the past and I hope that they don't perform some sort of labotomy on you! :lol:

Johnny B.

On a side note.... As my bad luck would have it, I have finally incorporated all the changes to my Vee and have it sorted but just found out that I have to have surgery on my ankle that has been bothering me for years. They will be grating some ligament in there. I'll have to be in a cast for 6 weeks and that pretty much shoots the crap out of doing Nats!

Life really sucks right now!

Any fast drivers out there that might want to run my car????
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

77fmod wrote:
Any fast drivers out there that might want to run my car????
I'm half fast. At least, that is what I think they said.

And after today's event, I would agree. Oh, well. The owner of the Subaru I'm driving took the PAX. I was a miserable 14th.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
qreshadow

Post by qreshadow »

Johnny,

"It was when Clint (what's his face) protested Whitling and Phipps for their mufflers being too long.."

Yeah, that was an embarassment to everybody and I agree with you, a very unsportsman-like conduct. I think he was still smarting from being DQ'd at his first National and was looking to take it out on anybody he could find. Clint is no longer in Solo, he is now racing. I think he has two license suspensions to his credit :| , just recently getting off the last. He is also one of the misguided that is pushing the MC engine in F500 :roll:

Sorry to hear about your ankle. I can understand. I've been sidelined with nerve damage surgery on my right arm/hand. Now, after the surgery, instead of having pain in just one place, I have it in three :lol: Have a speedy recovery!
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

Crap! That's not very reassuring.... :cry:

But thanks, anyway...
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

qreshadow wrote:BTW, any time that you want your Solo program back, the chair is all yours..... :P[/quote]

No thanks, I retired remember. But, unfortunately, that only lasted about two years after I got down here and then I got dragged into my new region's politics and now sit on their BOG :roll:
Couldn't stay away from region management, huh? :lol:

Your name came up at Guy Frost's Vanderbilt autox yesterday. Frank Krawiecki, John Tures, Jim Khana, :P and a few of the region's other long-time members were all standing in a circle, and someone said that all they were missing was Art Trier for a KASC (?) reunion.....
qreshadow

Post by qreshadow »

Hi Arthur,

Your name came up at Guy Frost's Vanderbilt autox yesterday. Frank Krawiecki, John Tures, Jim Khana, :P and a few of the region's other long-time members were all standing in a circle, and someone said that all they were missing was Art Trier for a KASC (?) reunion.....[/quote

Usually when my name comes up, it's not a positive thing :lol: But yeah, some good old friends, especially ol' Jim 8) . Was Charlie, John and Pat there too?

"KASC" is actually KFAC, an old Mustang club that turned independent when Ford no longer sponsored the dealer-based National Mustang Club organization in 1971`:--(. KFAC put on all the NYR gymkhana (autocross then Solo) events in the beginning and then actually became the NYR Solo Program after getting tired on putting on events for two separate entities.

Couldn't stay away from region management, huh?

No. I tried real hard to stay low key, really I did :| Just run my car and fade away until the next event. But as I made new friends and they learned of my past involvement, well........I got asked to do this and that :roll: . Ok I thought, a little bit here and there ain't gonna hurt. Wrong!
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

qreshadow wrote:Usually when my name comes up, it's not a positive thing :lol: But yeah, some good old friends, especially ol' Jim 8) . Was Charlie, John and Pat there too?
Somebody should page Jim Khana at a Nationals banquet one of these years. :lol:

Sadly, all of the long-time region members are in hiding these days. I think that they learned a lesson from you, and are afraid to show their faces in fear of getting drafted to run the program! Frank I see somewhat regularly, but I had never even met John Tures until he started coming out to events again in May after many years away from Solo. We do the Vanderbilt Centennial autox as a contract thing once a year, and I don't know the majority of the people who were there.
No. I tried real hard to stay low key, really I did :| Just run my car and fade away until the next event. But as I made new friends and they learned of my past involvement, well........I got asked to do this and that :roll: . Ok I thought, a little bit here and there ain't gonna hurt. Wrong!
I showed up at a MSCC autox in Orlando once while I was in the neighborhood, and tried to register in the novice class. Despite being 1200 miles away from home, there were 5 people at the event that knew me on a first-name basis. I'm surprised that you got away with being incognito as long as you did.....
qreshadow

Post by qreshadow »

"I'm surprised that you got away with being incognito as long as you did....."

Well, ........I could almost be a grandparent to most of these folks and I was really "around" before their involvement :lol:

:lol: :lol: At my first event down here, I only used my initials to register and thought I was doing good staying as low key as I possibly could, just running my car, until I mentioned what I had done and why to my wife as we rode home. She said, "Well, that's really funny because the guy on the microphone knew who you were! " Damm, .....and so it began :lol:

I'm not sure how some other regions get their "volunteers", but down here, if you throw out an idea, be prepared to be the one to implement that idea. As an example, two years ago I thought the Tire Rack Street Survival School was a really great idea. Guess what...... :lol: .
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

qreshadow wrote:I'm not sure how some other regions get their "volunteers", but down here, if you throw out an idea, be prepared to be the one to implement that idea. As an example, two years ago I thought the Tire Rack Street Survival School was a really great idea. Guess what...... :lol: .
I also thought that putting together a Street Survival School locally was a good idea. Guess what? ............The local BMW Club chapter beat me to it, and who am I to step on their toes when the whole Street Survival concept was a BMWCCA thing to begin with. :twisted: Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. :lol:

If you're ever in the neighborhood, feel free to stop by for an event. My first official act as Solo Chair was to pardon all previous chairs, :P and to pass a rule that any past chair who shows up at an event is totally exempt from worker assignments.....
qreshadow

Post by qreshadow »

" .... and to pass a rule that any past chair who shows up at an event is totally exempt from worker assignments"

Can't beat that! If I ever return to NY, I'll try and make it on a NYR Solo weekend :lol:
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

Speaking of Jim Khana :P and this past weekend, somebody just e-mailed me this link of my picture on the NY Times web site:

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07 ... ill-roars/