Solo Gas Tanks For Sale

problemchild

Solo Gas Tanks For Sale

Post by problemchild »

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Shirley Maclane SM1 Gas Tank
Although this was for a Lynx clone, it is wider and requires minimum of 15" between the rails. Tank is 14 1/2" wide but pickup fitting is on RS. It also had a RS relief for the gear shift linkage. The tank is 9" tall and 13" long ... plus the filler extension.
It is 2.3 gallons in size. It is steel ... yes steel. Since it was doubling as a seat-back for the 250 lb driver, the previous aluminum tanks kept fracturing, and this steel version was made .... and worked without problem for over a decade. It looks kind of scuzzy but I did not want to mislead by making it look too good.
$50 plus shipping. Preference given to SM owners .... then contact time. Thanks!
greg13rice-at-hotmail.com

[ external image ]
I have 2 aluminum tanks from Crossle FFs. Both are 13"W X 10 1/3"T X 19"L. I have no filler neck or hardware. I guess that they are about 5 gallons capacity. The rear end is round where airflow came by. The aluminum tanks usually worked great if they were not clamped in too tight or had driver weight on them. Many of us used ERC aircraft tank sealer that we would splash around inside every few years. These never leaked as I know .... but I will guarantee by letting the buyer pay after he receives it and puts fuel in. Buyer pays shipping, then $50 when he is happy.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"