And the 2009 PAX for F Modified is . . .

Lynn

And the 2009 PAX for F Modified is . . .

Post by Lynn »

0.903 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Damn chainsaws. :x :evil: :x :evil:
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
ultimate42

Re: And the 2009 PAX for F Modified is . . .

Post by ultimate42 »

Now would be a good time for all of us to get on the same page: To ask the SEB for a separate class for us vees. We would probably need to run as an exhibition sub-class for next year, but if we can field the numbers the SCCA would have to stand up and notice!
Vernon Maxey

Post by Vernon Maxey »

I agree.
v.
shirleymac

Post by shirleymac »

I read on Apexspeed that Jay Novak is building a 600cc F500 car. From what I've read, Jay's proposal is that if you race a F500 you would have the choice to choose either the traditional 2 stroke engine with clutches or a 600cc motorcycle engine and transmission both combinations would race in the same class.

I'm wondering if he is successful with this option for club racing could it then become eligible for solo? And what class?

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30763
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

If they get the motorcycle engines for club racing, they will be legal for F Modified in Solo. I keep telling them they need wings, really big wings, and we'll send them off to B Mod.

For autocrossing, I think the two stroke and CVT would be the better set up. Although, it will be entertaining to watch them shifting those things 40 times per run to keep them in the torque curve.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Not to hijack the thread, but FWIW Jay was at the ARRC with a prototype (not completed - just the engine sitting in a bare frame) of the new 600 car - he said it took very little frame mods to fit the engine. It has (will have) PADDLE SHIFT and looked pretty interesting. The engine should turn up to about 12,500 revs IIRC and should sound more like an F1 than a chainsaw :). I would think it would be pretty good for autocross - the gearshift is sequential and pretty forgiving. I'd expect the torque to be able to tolerate a fairly wide range of RPM - remember this is a 4 cycle engine. He also said he ordered the engine and BRAND NEW ON AT HIS DOORSTEP, it was under $1650. The HP was supposed to be about 105 IIRC.

Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

Keep in mind that Formula SAE is based on 600cc motorcycle engines WITH RESTRICTOR PLATES
Lynn wrote:If they get the motorcycle engines for club racing, they will be legal for F Modified in Solo. I keep telling them they need wings, really big wings, and we'll send them off to B Mod.
Keep in mind that Formula SAE is based on 600cc motorcycle engines WITH RESTRICTOR PLATES, and were classed in A-Mod until they pushed for their own exhibition class. A 600cc snowmobile without the FSAE restrictor plate obviously isn't F-Mod material, and I'm not even sure that it wouldn't dominate B-Mod.....