Dust of your concrete setups

Lynn

Dust of your concrete setups

Post by Lynn »

The Nationals move to Lincoln, NE. 35 acres of concrete.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
77fmod

Re: Dust of your concrete setups

Post by 77fmod »

What's the skinny? Is it smooth, undulating, or bumpy? And thanks for the update..

JGB
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

My co-driver went to the NE Region event that Howard Duncan attended to inspect the facility. It is very smooth for concrete. There are a few drains in it, I think. so there might be a little undulation. The Mini drivers and other drivers of camber challenged FWD cars are whining about tire wear claiming they'll need three sets of tires. One for the Pro, one for the warmup, and one for the Nats. Drivers of RWD cars report increased tire wear, but not too bad.

Traction was reported to be inconsistent from one concrete segment to the next. But the surface has not really been cleaned since the Air Force left about 1965. The airport authority is expected to clean it thoroughly with their runway cleaning equipment. There will probably be a few local events, the Midiv Championships (a divisional) and a Pro and Tour there before Nats. At least, that is the assumption by many in the Midiv.

There is a possibility of a major event in the eastern half of the country also on concrete. Just rumors so far. And not all that far east, but closeer to eastern drivers than Lincoln.

Now we just have to get all these cars in my shop together.

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

Lynn wrote:There is a possibility of a major event in the eastern half of the country also on concrete. Just rumors so far. And not all that far east, but closeer to eastern drivers than Lincoln.
Peru?????
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

What do you mean by a major event? We already have a Tour at Peru every year... so I'm clueless unless you might be talking about Blythville or Toledo..
More info if you will...

Thanks,

JGB
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

I can't talk about dates and places, yet. It isn't Peru or Toledo according to what I've heard. There is going to be a major change in the National Tour program. Divisionals will become more important while the number of Tours will be decreased. I don't really have details. But the word is that there will be two Super Tours or Mini-Nationals. One will be east of the center of the country, and one will be west. That doesn't mean that either will be on or near a coast. Both are supposed to be on concrete. I've been sworn to secrecy about the potential eastern site and date. Nothing is set and no contracts have been signed. I don't know anything about the west event other than there is supposed to be one. The only way I heard about the eastern event is because the STL region is developing next year's schedule and I asked some people about possible conflicts.

Howard Duncan has spent a lot of time in the past two years in developing ways to help Divisions enhance (or resurrect) their Divisional programs. The National Tours were a direct copy of the Divisional program originally developed by the Midwest Division. The Tours seriously damaged or ended the Divisional series in many Divisions. Howard and many other feel that this needs to be reversed for the good of the club.

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

Lynn,
I get it but thanks for the info. That is very interesting but I can see how it could be seen as a negative especially by people that live on the other side of the bump to the left or by the ones up in the small states in the N.E if that is the only way to get a National event to reduce the cost of entry into the Nats.

JGB
FM4SOLO

Post by FM4SOLO »

You do not have to attend a National event to "qualify", a Divisional or a National Tour event will do.
Charles
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

Okay.. What I was trying to say is that if there are no longer any Tours and only the two mini-nationals, it is going to be difficult for some people to get to one and thus reduce their entry fee for the Nationals providing of couse that it is still a requirement. I hope that clears it up.
However, I forget, does attending a divisional reduce the entry fee for the Nationals???

Johnny B.
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

There will still be Tours, just not as many. The idea is to have more Divisionals. But, Midiv is probably dropping one of ours and have three this year.

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

New info indicates there will be just as many Tours this year as last. One source says they could be announced this week, but another says the schedule is still in flux. Some of the venues (gained and lost) are very surprising, if true.

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee