Autocross last Sunday in Brooksville

snookwheel

Autocross last Sunday in Brooksville

Post by snookwheel »

The local BMW club held an autocross last Sunday at the Hernando Airport. Approx. 50 cars. A fast course that allowed a total of nine runs. The runs were pretty quick. I just can't get enough of this stuff! :lol:

Here's a video of the runs. I was the only FM there.
(edited to remove FTD comment. Missed by .2)
http://blip.tv/file/1285094

Scott
Last edited by snookwheel on September 25th, 2008, 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
FM4SOLO

Re: Autocross last Sunday in Brooksville

Post by FM4SOLO »

Good looking run. My son and I ran Sunday, he set FTD (by .08 :lol: ) and I was second fastest. That was fun, specially beating the very well prepped SM Evo!!
Charles
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

That's great stuff. My son has just started autoXing in his Mazda 3. He is chomping at the bit to try the Solo Vee. I think it's time! Those young reflexes should have him beating my time in short order :lol:

Scott
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

I am adding another video in defense of the course. It has been pointed out to me that the video shot from the side really makes it look like a drag strip up and back. The course design shows much better in the shot taken from the end.

OK...... and maybe the other reason is because I like posting pictures of the Solo. :lol: Over cooked the finish Slalom and killed a cone on it. :oops:

http://blip.tv/file/1285807
FM4SOLO

Post by FM4SOLO »

snookwheel wrote:That's great stuff. My son has just started autoXing in his Mazda 3. He is chomping at the bit to try the Solo Vee. I think it's time! Those young reflexes should have him beating my time in short order :lol:

Scott
My son and I have been Autocrossing for 6 years now, started him when he got his Learners Permit. We've always shared the same car, first a 94 Miata R, then the Vee. He took a few years off to finish school, but it didn't take him long to get back in the groove. He's a trained mechanic, and a really good fabricator, he's currently redoing a 63 Sardini. I think I'm more proud when he sets FTD than when I do. I highly recommend the father son experience, it's a blast.
Charles