Weekend SCCA event

snookwheel

Weekend SCCA event

Post by snookwheel »

The Central Florida Region SCCA held a Saturday Test & Tune and a Sunday Autocross. Good times for the Solo Vee. FTD Sat. and Sunday. There were supposed to be three F500's there but only one showed up. He was not a problem. The real competition came from a very well built and well driven CRX! This guy was flying. 165 HP at the wheels!!
http://blip.tv/file/1162214

In fact on Sunday, if he had not cone'd he would have beat me for FTD. A great time with a long fast course. Really having fun with this car. It has generated some interest in the class. Hopefully some more will be showing up around here. There is one guy at the event who is actively searching for a Solo Vee, if anyone has a lead on one that is pretty much 'turn key' let me know. He is not looking to build it, just run and maintain.

Anyway, here's a video. (yea... I know, a missed shift on the turnaround )

http://blip.tv/file/1162051

PS I just picked up a 24 Haulmark trailer and have completed the finishing touches. Wife is much happier hanging out in this than the converted Uhaul I was using. Anyone want to buy a converted Diesel Uhaul car hauling machine??

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Scott
77fmod

Re: Weekend SCCA event

Post by 77fmod »

Nice job on the trailer!
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

The shawl over the rocker adds a nice touch - not to mention the (apparently) free standing LAMP :mrgreen: . That think sure looks longer than 24 feet - did you take the car out when you shot the pic towards the front or are both pics taken in the same configuration? I have a 24 footer and I don't seem to have NEARLY that much room..... But it sure looks fabulous.
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

FV80 wrote:The shawl over the rocker adds a nice touch - not to mention the (apparently) free standing LAMP :mrgreen: . That think sure looks longer than 24 feet - did you take the car out when you shot the pic towards the front or are both pics taken in the same configuration? I have a 24 footer and I don't seem to have NEARLY that much room..... But it sure looks fabulous.
Steve
Those 'creature' comforts are my wife's touch. The free standing lamp is a replica of the 'leg lamp' from Christmas Story.... it was given to us as a joke and became a fixture in our Jeep hauler. So, tradition dictated that it join the new rig :lol: It is screwed down. The trailer came with a generator, sink, water tank & heater and a shower. The prior owner did all the hard work.

It is a 24 ft. trailer. Just a matter of standing in the exact right spot when taking the picture! We also added an awning. Very handy with the Florida summer down pours.

[ external image ]
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

I second the kudos on the nice trailer, even though I don't see an air conditioner. :lol:

With pickup truck sales being in the crapper due to the high fuel prices, I decided a few weeks ago to give up my quest for the lightest Vee trailer that can be towed behind my tiny car and cash in on the available bargains to buy a proper tow vehicle coming off of lease instead. Once I find the tow rig, I'll probably be in the market for an enclosed race car penthouse suite to haul behind it. No more skipping events because the potholes are bigger than my trailer wheels when driving through NYC for me.....
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

Thanks. There are some great deals on tow vehicles. We just bought a 5.7 ltr Tundra. The dealers are very willing to negotiate! 19.5 mpg on the highway. I was amazed. However, hook up the trailer and it drops to 10 mpg at 60mph on straight and level Florida roads. We use an equalizer hitch and I have zero complaints with the way it tows.... other than the mpg and cost of fuel :roll:

There is a roof top AC unit with wall mounted controls / thermostat.

Scott
Victoracing

Post by Victoracing »

Sent a PM re: friend wants a car thats ready. Gary, NJ
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

Victoracing wrote:Sent a PM re: friend wants a car thats ready. Gary, NJ
Thanks, PM returned.

Scott
Lt. Dan

Post by Lt. Dan »

Talked to your buddy looking for the Vee.... Let's see how things go!!!
1980 LynxB SoloVee
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

Lt. Dan wrote:Talked to your buddy looking for the Vee.... Let's see how things go!!!
Good luck! I met he and his wife last weekend at the autocross. Real nice folks and very interested in getting into a Solo Vee.