Heading to a S.E. Divisional this weekend

snookwheel

Heading to a S.E. Divisional this weekend

Post by snookwheel »

I am heading to a S.E. Divisional event in Gainsville this weekend. Looks like I will be the only Solo Vee in FM. There are a couple of F500's attending. If the weather holds, it should be a pretty good time. There are only around 60 entrants. So after the three runs for points, there should be time for some fun runs.

I have run the last couple events on Hankooks with C91 compound. They heat up quick and handle at least as well as my old Hoosier R25a's did. Of course, the Hoosiers were somewhat 'used' when I got them... so I cannot speak to brand new ones. Now.... if I can upgrade the driver skills to match the tire capability... 8)

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frm ... nt_id=9272
Lynn

Re: Heading to a S.E. Divisional this weekend

Post by Lynn »

Who are the 500 guys? Murphy, Eccles, Lyle? They're all pretty fast.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

Lyle is one of them. I have heard he is a excellent/fast driver. The other is a local guy from the Tampa area. How do the F500's usually fare against the Solo Vee's? I have only ran against the local guy and done OK. I am guessing they can make things pretty difficult.
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

Vern has more than a few National Tour and Nationals trophies. I expect he will be a bunch faster than the other 500.

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
Captain

Post by Captain »

This the same Lyle from NJ?

If it is, I have run against (well, after him) before. I have often wondered if he could finish 2 laps while I do one. :lol:
Last edited by Captain on June 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

He's the same Vern Lyle. He lives in TN now.

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

Looks like I may be in for a bit of an education :lol: Maybe I can pick up some pointers. I'll take some pictures and post 'em. I guess I'll need to use a pretty fast shutter speed for Vern! :shock:
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

OH man..... I did a very baaaad thing. :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldc_3S5kHjQ

Tough little timing light transmitter.... Took a solid hit and still works! Whew..... Sorry 'bout the cruddy video quality....

Tomorrow is another day. 8)
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

You were SO CLOSE!! :mrgreen:
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

It was close. Oh the drive of shame..... past everyone... getting back in line..... praying everything still works, or there is back up equipment :lol:

The weather was perfect today. But evidently I caused an issue with the spin. I was getting some significant wheel hop with my front left wheel. I had to back down anytime I was pushing into third. It does not look like I flat spotted a tire, but when I got home, I checked the wheel/tire and it was WAY out of balance. I don't think I threw a weight... so who knows. I balanced it and will see how it goes.

I did get 1st in my class. There were only two of us because Lyle did not show (major contributing factor in getting first in class :lol: ). Too bad because I would have liked to watch him run! Anyway, it was a great weekend and a fun course. here is a much cleaner video so ya'll can see the course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mR5_uWhko0
teamfrd

Post by teamfrd »

Hope you get it figured out. Stay in touch.

((What... no mention of the TeamFRD Formula Super Vee taking event FTD! 8) ))
TeamFRD - http://drive.to/TeamFRD - Royale RP18 ~~~ Historic Formula Super Vee Register - http://drive.to/FSV
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

teamfrd wrote:Hope you get it figured out. Stay in touch.

((What... no mention of the TeamFRD Formula Super Vee taking event FTD! 8) ))
Hi David. FTD by a good margin I am guessing! You had that car flying. Good meeting you and the other folks from the Buccaneer club. Hope to see you at Whitehouse Field.

PS Thanks for the help on the walk through!! Much appreciated.

Scott