Dual Carb Setup ??

bug1960

Dual Carb Setup ??

Post by bug1960 »

I am in the process of switching over to the dual carb setup. I have had a set of 40 Webers being used as book ends......never been used. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their jet setup they used. If you have made the switch have you been happy with the results. What is the good and bad of it. Any information people are willing to share the better off formula vee can become.

Thanks
Todd~
FM88
Lynn

Re: Dual Carb Setup ??

Post by Lynn »

You are the first that I know of to go with the dual carb 1600. Here in the Midwest Division all the cars updating to the new rules are 1915's.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
bug1960

Post by bug1960 »

Yeah..... Since I already have the carbs at this point I am going with this setup. We will see how things pan out and make a decision when it is time for a rebuild. I hope I am not the only one taking this route. I am looking for any advice anyone might have.

Todd~
FM 88
MBillings

Post by MBillings »

Sorry I can't offer any advice, I went with the 1915 solution, as well. I was told the engine would have more torque with the 1915 cc choice relative to the 1600 cc/dual carb. choice. I haven't been disappointed; however, I haven't seen a Vee with the dual carbs engine.

Good luck,

Mike
DanRemmers

Post by DanRemmers »

Todd,

The dual carb setup is very popular in VW sedan racing--street and drag. There are lots of aftermarket parts available, manufacturers like EMPI and Bugpack. Try searching other VW forums: thesamba, vwvortex.

With any engine work, dyno tuning is the only way to go. I would recommend just get some decent intake manifolds, install the carbs, and take it to a place with a dyno (either engine or whole chassis) to get it tuned right.

Dan
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

Please post how your progress goes! I am very interested in the 1600 dual carb set up as well.

Scott
bug1960

Post by bug1960 »

Sure I get to be the guinea pig. As I get things together and attempt to get all things worked out I will try to post some info.
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

Any updates??