Sitting.... just sitting and waiting

snookwheel

Sitting.... just sitting and waiting

Post by snookwheel »

I drove to Sebring, Fl. this afternoon so I can attend a two day autocross event. Now, I am just sitting... waiting until tomorrow. I really wish there was more of a following of Solo Vees in this area. Several Formula 500, QRE Shadows, Dolphin Mk1 etc. will be competing tomorrow, but no other Solo Vees. Do you folks compete against other Solo Vee's on a regular basis? Or, are you kind of out there on your own, just shooting for FTD? How do you stack up against the QRE Shadows & Dolphin Mk1's etc.??

Back to sitting and waiting......

Scott
FM4SOLO

Re: Sitting.... just sitting and waiting

Post by FM4SOLO »

Regionally, I have the only Running FM. My Son and I co-drive, he really enjoys kicking the old man's butt. We shoot for FTD and Pax FTD. I can't wait for him to get the '63 Sardini Solo Vee finished.
Charles
dd46637

Post by dd46637 »

I have one Vee that runs in my region it belongs to Scott Nardin.

Needles to say the his only competion for FTD comes from a really quick 125 shifter cart driver.

I am usually 2 sec back with my Hard tires (r60) on my FST which is prepped to RRspecs.

I still have a good time despite the disadvantage in tires and a restricter plate under the carb.

Dave
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

Dave, if you are only 2 seconds behind Scott with you road race legal First, you are doing damn well.

I have the only Solo Vee9(s) in St. Louis. There used to be several in KC, but Pennington sold his, Mark Bishop moved to AR (and is too busy to finish rebuilding his car) and I bought Barnard's Lynx. There were three of us at the KC divisional. I co-drove Robert Moores Bobsy and Vern was there with his Lynx. There were supposed to be 4 of us at the St. Louis Divisional, but my co-driver abd I had to find other rides. I still don't have the custom rear brake rotors. Maybe in two weeks. Anyway, Vern and Bob Qualkinbush (Adams Aero) were there to slosh through the puddles. I would expect six or so entries for the Topeka Divisional and the KC Tour.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
dd46637

Post by dd46637 »

I'm going to see if I do a little beter this weekend. I got some take offs from the Goodyear truck at Grattan a couple weeks ago, Formula Continental fronts. They should stick better. Hopefully it will cure my slow speed understeer.

Dave
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

When I looked the other day, I didn't see a single Vee listed on the entry list for this weekend's Devens National Tour. :shock:

In our local club here, we have 5 members who own Vees...and no site to run them on. :cry: The last time that my engine ran was 10/2006 when I pickled it for the winter after the last event of that season.....
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

There ended up being approx. 55 cars today. I had 4 runs in the morning and 3 after lunch. (actually 5, due to some re-runs)

Missed FTD due to one well driven / set up ZO6 Vette. Oh yea... and a shifter cart... not really counting the Kart because nothing designed by man could possibly move that fast.. clearly an illusion or hologram from some kinda alien world. :shock:

It was a good course and they managed to get through the cars pretty quick. A number of Karts were there, some young' uns having a blast. A pretty smooth day other than a Vette that tagged the finish light. Only took a few minutes to get things rolling again.

We left our Vee Hauler on site. Several of the folks left their trailers / campers there. Hopefully it is secure. I guess if someone actually tried to break into our retired U-Haul, they must be pretty desperate :lol:

I am guessing there will be quite a few more competitors there tomorrow. Today was for fun, tomorrow is for points.

Off to dinner, get some sleep and do it again tomorrow!
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

More good times today. Probably around 65 cars, seems there were quite a few no shows. We got 5 runs in. Pretty neat venue. A much faster course today, I was WAY into third gear. It was nice to run over to the infield for lunch and see / hear all the race set ups.

[ external image ]

That same ZO6 from yesterday schooled me again & smacked me outta FTD.... but only by under a second.
My wife had a ride in a Super Seven and I do believe it moved her one tick closer to driving her Solstice in an event!!

[ external image ]