Advice for first time with rain tires.

snookwheel

Advice for first time with rain tires.

Post by snookwheel »

It looks like tomorrows Autocross will be under a fair bit of rain. I have a set of 23 X 5 X 15 Goodyear Eagle rain tires that I have never used. Any advice on what pressure I should be running with the rain tires will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Scott
snookwheel

Re: Advice for first time with rain tires.

Post by snookwheel »

I should have read the notes the previous owner left me before posting. 19 lbs front and rear. Thank you once again Dave!
Lt. Dan

Post by Lt. Dan »

Had my first experience on rain tires today!!!! Compared to slicks in the rain, the difference is AMAZING!!! One disturbing thing though.... THE ROOSTER TAILS!!!!

Dan
1980 LynxB SoloVee
Bbsgarage

Post by Bbsgarage »

I wonder what a vee would look like with motorcycle type fenders over each wheel? :twisted:
DanRemmers

Post by DanRemmers »

Like a skinny Super 7.
mityfast

Post by mityfast »

Bbsgarage wrote:I wonder what a vee would look like with motorcycle type fenders over each wheel? :twisted:
[ external image ]
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

Mityfast... that street legal FV makes me drool every time I see it! I got lucky. The rains held off until the afternoon. I ran in the dry. Neat course.... but VERY slippery with small loose gravel. Kind of like running on an old shingle roof. I was sand blasted during my runs & spent a fair bit of time picking small rocks out of the cooling fins.. Had a blast though!

It was the first time the parking lot had been used for an activity like this. Next time, we will have some sweepers or blowers doing some 'pre-work.'

Scott
Bbsgarage

Post by Bbsgarage »

I guess that goes under the "ask and you shall receive" category.

Nice looking vee, but around here it would be deadly to drive around.