My "new" Solo Vee is ready 'cept for wheels

noblerace

My "new" Solo Vee is ready 'cept for wheels

Post by noblerace »

Hi Crew,

After running my WRX wagon in Solo last summer (first Solo in about 35 years), I went back to the shop and told them we were going Solo Vee racing. Bill volunteered his Form Car and with Qualkinbush's help we have the car very close to ready.

I think that all I need are some wheels. I'd love to find a set of used (alumn. or steel) just to get started. What are the best manufacturer? Who is a good source to buy new wheels if I can't wrangle some used ones?

Thanks for the help,
Lisa Noble
FM FormCar #54
Remember the old TV show, "Car 54 where are you?"
Lynn

Re: My "new" Solo Vee is ready 'cept for wheels

Post by Lynn »

Lisa, I was just wondering how your car was coming along today while working on mine. For aluminum wheels try Real Racing Wheels or Bogart Racing Wheels. The Real wheels are probably cheaper. I have a set of Bogart VW Stars. Very high quality. Vern Maxey uses them also. I also have a set of MRT aluminum wheels but I think they are out of production. For steel wheels, check out Diamond Racing Wheels.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
noblerace

Post by noblerace »

Thanks Lynn,

I'll post a want add for used wheels too.

The old FormCar looks like a bathtub compared to a modern car... but anyone should be able to drive it and that was one of my goals, to get a lot of people on course.

Lisa
Vernon Maxey

Post by Vernon Maxey »

Hi Lisa,
I have a couple of Real racing wheels that I am not using.(13by10 with 4 inch off)Rear wheels.
Will you make any of the KC events? The first event is a T&T at lot L at the sports complex.( March 15th )
Darth vee No. 4
v. DSS
noblerace

Post by noblerace »

Hi Vern,

What do you want for the two rear wheels? Are they still made so I can get fronts to match?

If I get the wheels situation straightned out, I'll shoot for March 15th but most likely, not. Busy BOD schedule with three weekends of meetings in a row...

Thanks,
Lisa
Vernon Maxey

Post by Vernon Maxey »

Hi,
I don't know if you can get the same style wheel, my wheels are three years old, used one season.
The new ones cost $191, I'll be selling mine for $50 apiece.
I will have them with me on the 15th.
Did you put a 1914 in the Vee?
v.