Lynx B rear suspension pics

TigerBob

Lynx B rear suspension pics

Post by TigerBob »

Does anyone have some pics of a Lynx B rear suspension. Not sure my z-bar is mounted where it should be. bobdixon at frii dot com

Thanks,
Bob
brian

Re: Lynx B rear suspension pics

Post by brian »

Post a picture of what you have and we can review.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
TigerBob

Post by TigerBob »

In the stuff I got with the car I found a set of Lynx assembly instructions from '73. Looks like my trans/engine mount is different. It also looks like my shock mounts and z-bar mounts are swapped.

[ external image ]

http://s1108.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... rary/LynxB
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Bob,
I'm far from an expert on Lynx, but I'm going to guess that the ENTIRE FRAME has been replaced. All that steel looks "too good" to be '73 vintage. And the roll hoops, I'm pretty sure will not meet SCCA spec. IIRC, the GCR requires "continuous bend" for both front and rear hoops. That rule has been "played with", but I don't think the 'flat tops' that you have will pass muster without some sort of cross bracing a la early production car hoops .. and most S2 hoops.

I could certainly be wrong - best bet would be to contact Fred Clark, "Mr. Lynx" - go to CaracalCars.com for contact info. He should be able to look at your pix and tell you in a SECOND what the deal is.

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80