D-13 Vintage?

Veefan

D-13 Vintage?

Post by Veefan »

Hi,

I'm selling my D-13 and I've received a few questions about vintage racing it. I have no real history on the car, I only have the log book that was issued 7/78.
I've read in this forum that the D-13 qualifies for the VRG group, any others???

Thanks for any feed back.

[ external image ]
Dietmar
Site Admin

Re: D-13 Vintage?

Post by Dietmar »

Can't comment on other organizations, but VARA in Ca accepts the D-13 in all configurations- 3 piece body, 2 shocks, D-13 S with the 5 piece body, and the D-13 with single shock.
They run at the same time, just different classifications.

Yours is an early model ( from what I saw on Apex). For VARA, you would be running FV1

Hope this helps

Dietmar
http://www.quixoteracing.com
Veefan

Post by Veefan »

Thanks for the info Dietmar
brian

Post by brian »

Monoposto Rules do not allow the D-13. The age cutoff and zero roll are both issues. They require the car to have been produced prior to 1/1/1970 which eliminates anything after the Autodynamics D-4B and produced after the 1/1/70 date. My records indicate that the AD D4B was produced in 1970 so the 1/1/70 date excludes those specific cars as well. I know that Sovereign Vintage racing in the NW, runs under Monoposto so that group excludes the D-13 as well.

In addition to VARA, I'd like to know where else one could run a D-13 since there's one out there call my name.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
RacerGeek

Post by RacerGeek »

Veefan wrote:Hi,

I'm selling my D-13 and I've received a few questions about vintage racing it. I have no real history on the car, I only have the log book that was issued 7/78.
I've read in this forum that the D-13 qualifies for the VRG group, any others???

Thanks for any feed back.
From the VRG website:

B8: Formula Vee thru 1975, subject to the following provisions: must have a working engine fan, including shroud; must have a working generator; and tires shall be the treaded tires as specified for all pre-1970 Formula Vee’s. Cars with zero-roll suspension with twin shock/spring units are eligible, but cars with the later “mono-spring” or “mono-shock” suspension are not eligible.

I know VDCA will not accept a D-13.
Bob VanDyke
Veefan

Post by Veefan »

I sold the car long ago, but it would have also qualified for racing with VARA

similar car
http://vara.freeforums.org/d-13-for-sale-t1489.html

" 2010 annual from VARA"