Generator/Voltage Regulator

csingletary01

Generator/Voltage Regulator

Post by csingletary01 »

CVAR is requiring a working charging system this year. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Generator and Voltage Regulator?

Thanks ahead of time, Chuck-
ajax

Re: Generator/Voltage Regulator

Post by ajax »

I'm not sure that CVAR will require this year, but will check to confirm. I converted mine to a operating gen and followed the wiring diragram that came in the new voltage regulator box and this worked well for me.
I can look for it and or draw it out and send to you.

Merry Christmas,
csingletary01

Post by csingletary01 »

Thanks for the rePly. I picked up reg today, it had a diagram.
Merry Christmas
ajax

Post by ajax »

The CVAR FV group does not have a proposal before the board to require an operating generator. So that rule as written will remain for the next year or so. The only change I am aware of at this time is for the CVAR tire rule; which is promoting the use of "only" a set of treaded tires with rear tires having a min dia. of 23", so basically we are saying: no slicks and usage of typical vintage type big & little tires. But even with quick passage by the board, 2011 will still allow any previous allowed tires.
csingletary01

Post by csingletary01 »

Thanks for the CVAR update. I going to go with a functioning generator while developing car to save the issue of battery charging. I will call you next week for lunch. Have a Merry Christmas