Zink Ident plate

1969zeitler

Zink Ident plate

Post by 1969zeitler »

Did the Zink C4's have a serial number or plate on the frame? I just brought home a very nice C4 and want to find some history on it. Thanks.
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now

I have a VERY understanding Wife.
Jbird

Re: Zink Ident plate

Post by Jbird »

I also have a nice C4 and I'm told they were sold as kits and had no I.D. plate of s/n from the factory. If an SCCA log book was originally issued then the log book # was then stamped on the frame (usually around the roll hoop) and this ends up being used as the s/n over time. If you can locate that the first two digits (xx-xxxxx) will give you the SCCA region of issue. From there and depending on that regions record keeping you might be able to find out who the log book was issued to and trace some history from there. Hope this helps!

JR
1969zeitler

Post by 1969zeitler »

I found the rollbar stamp. It is from region 83 right here in Florida. I emailed the CFR SCCA site to see if they can tell me anything about the car. It is an early number. 83-095 so it may have some history. Thanks!
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now

1969zeitler

Post by 1969zeitler »

The Central Florida Region got back to me and they found the entry in their logs for the car and they said they would issue me a new logbook, using the original frame stamp number, after it goes thru tech. Judging from it's low number, it was raced in the early 1970's so we have another Vintage FV. Our new plan is to run the Zink in solo while we get the 67 Zeitler into Vintage then pull the 1915cc engine out of the Zink and put it back to original and get it ready for Vintage with my youngest son driving it. Then we will put the 1915 in the new frame and run it in SOLO for a while before converting it to FV or FST.
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now