First event tomorrow. . .

Lynn

First event tomorrow. . .

Post by Lynn »

. . . in the much modified car. Should be interesting. The brakes are untested, the tires are shot, and the racing gas is over two years old. Plus the temperature will be in the low 50's and it might rain. But I will have competition. There is an F500 entered.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
DanRemmers

Re: First event tomorrow. . .

Post by DanRemmers »

So what do you have now? Discs all around? 1915? Inboard shocks? Lightweight steering rack? Hidden nitrous oxide?
Lynn

Re: First event tomorrow. . .

Post by Lynn »

I wonder how I managed to get this into the Vintage forum instead of the Solo Vee forum. I guess I shouldn't post after being up for 20 hours.

Yes, disks all around. I spent as much on those as I did on the car. I have four brand new Wilwood calipers that wouldn;t work. Between my mismeasurements and the first supplier screwing up, I have eight rear calipers. Many thanks to Richard Pare at ICP-Citation for making the correct ones. Vern Maxey and his son managed to fab the brackets for the rear calipers. Thanks.

I have a 1915 built from the remains of the mythical 128hp 1600. All that was usable were the crank, rods and heads. But it now puts out 109hp at the wheels. Thanks to Arch Imports of St. Louis for building it. And more thanks to Jim Schings and crew for dyno tuning it.

I had a local fab shop install a rack for SRacing. Due to the design of my chassis, it resulted in massive bump steer and there was no way to improve the situation. Jim Schings again came to the rescue and reinstalled the old steering box and fabbed new tie rods. He even bought back the rack.

There have been some changes made to the suspension front and rear.

No hidden nitrous oxide.

One again, I'd like to thank Jim Schings and everyone at SRacing.

Now, if we could get a moderator to move this thread to the Solo Vee forum, I'd really appreciate it.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee